How it all began (Lewis's POV)

It was a Tuesday. The date was December 5th 2020. I remember it so clearly, and yet it was such a long time ago. What I'm about to recount to you is the day that started a chain of events that changed my afterlife forever.

I sat outside on my doorstep, watching the Deadbeats play out in the snow. Snowmen, snow angels, snow forts... The lot. After a while I plucked up the courage to join in. I jump up and hide behind one of the forts to start a snowball fight. I formed the ball of snow in my hand. As I threw it, a short girl ran across the playing field, immediately taking a snowball to the side of the face. She fell over on her side, shivering.

Rushing to her side, I realized quickly we needed to bring her inside. I'd say she didn't have any colour in her, as in her skin, but... There was literally no colour in her at all. Scooping her up, I raced inside and placed her on the cushion in front of the fireplace. I sat with her for a few hours, looking her over. She was quite peculiar to say the least. What peaked my interest was the little heart shaped pin on her chest. It was broken in half. I looked down upon my own, wondering whether this was by fate or pure coincidence. It didn't matter, however, so I prepared a warm cup of milk for her to wake up to. Placing it on a nearby table, the noise began to wake her.

"Huh... Where am I..." The girl looked around at her surroundings. As she sat up, she noticed me in the corner, hoping not to frighten her. Even though I donned my human appearance, the thought of waking up in a stranger's house and seeing someone with glowy magenta eyes would frighten anyone. My conclusions were correct as she began to panic.
"Where am I? Who are you?!" She began to shriek as she raced around the room in fear.

"Woah, slow down, it's okay I'm not going to hurt you." I continued; "I made you a warm drink if it helps."

She calmed down a little bit, glaring down into the mug with suspicion. This was not going well so far. She sat back down onto the cushion, mug in hand. Slurping it down, she appeared less tense. After a few minutes of awkward silence, she approached me.

"Sorry about that, it just took me by surprise. I'm Kel, by the way." She timidly spoke, but she seemed like a nice girl so I was patient.

"I'm Lewis. Nice to meet you..?" It had been a while since my last proper social interaction with anyone, so obviously I was a bit nervous.

We sat down and chatted for a while. She told me about a few problems at home, and a few other things. Once I got to speaking, that's when the interesting bit comes in.

"So you know how you said you knew these three folks..?"
"Yeah, what about them?"
"I think I might've seen them around somewhere."
"You must be thinking of the wrong folks-"
"No, I'm sure I've seen them! George, Brenda and Dave, right?"

Kel seemed to look at me with a look of surprise and disbelief.

"Are you in... Ya know, the biz?" She asked.
"You mean, ghost business?"
"Yup."
"Well, I used to be on one side of the biz. Doing the investigating and all."
"So, what do you do now?"
"Let's just say I'm on the other side of the business now."
"Are you trying to say-"
"Yup. I'm a ghost."

Well let's just say that went down better than I thought. I suppose having three other ghosts helping you with you life choices makes this stuff less shocking. Anyways, after a while she approached me about staying, since she needed a break from things at home. I agreed, so long as she stayed in regular contact with family, through any means. Just needed to make sure her family didn't think she got kidnapped or something.

And from there, I only had more company as more people began to come for a place to stay.
Frisk and Chara came after a long and extensive mountain hike. I mean, if you accidentally trip, you need to go through the whole place.
Missi... Oh Missi. Found her wandering the road and invited her in. Problem is I started having to make sure she didn't bite anybody. You never know with vampires.
Garcello needed a place to stay, and I was more than happy to let him in. He's a chill dude and nice to keep around on the lonely nights.
Evan is a tough one to explain. Let's just cut it short for now, and say there was a lot of time traveling and dream walking involved.
And finally there's Charlie! We don't know exactly how she got here, but she kinda just... Appeared in a puff of cotton candy and hellfire.

Now you're probably wondering what I'm doing now. Well, all of them have... Moved along in some shape or form. It's been... Gosh, how many years? I'm only in contact with about a few of them. I'll... tell you later on, perhaps.

~Signed, Lewis Pepper .