3

'What is your problem?' Lizzie shouted, slamming the door behind her as she dragged Hope into a closet.

'Clara is so nice, and what's more, she's insanely sexy. I literally saw you staring at her boobs when you first met. And i'll say it, she's got great boobs. So why the fuck are you being such a bitch?' Lizzie yelled. Hope stood silently.

'No Hope, I want an answer. You were so rude, you completely ignored her the entire time. Poor girl, she's had a crush on you for like, ever, and i told her that you wanted to go out on a date, which, by the way, i thought you did. So is it something I did? Because you were a bitch to Chris too, and he isn't even dull. Is this too much? Because you really should've said. This took a lot of work and -'

'Oh my fucking god, you really are blind.' Hope laughed humourlessly, watching the anger that engulfed Lizzie's face melt away into confusion. Her eyebrows furrowed as she comprehended what Hope had just said.

'What? Blind to what, I'm conf-'

By then, Hope was done listening. She couldn't hear another word of the girl she loved acting like she felt nothing for Hope. So, in a fit of rage, she decided to change that. She strode up to the blonde, placed her hands on either side of her head and kissed her.

It wasn't some soft, delicate, half assed kiss. It was a deep kiss, an angry kiss, a hard kiss. A kiss that said 'I love you', but 'I hate you' at the same time. Feeling Lizzie's lips on hers was electrifying, a high that she never thought she could reach, like heaven and hell in a kiss. The feeling of Lizzie's fine hair entangled in between her fingers, the feeling of her teeth grazing Hope's lip.

'There. That's what I mean.' Hope stepped back, finally seeing the flustered, wide eyed face of the blonde in front of her.

Before Lizzie could say a word, she stormed out, banging the door behind her, leaving Lizzie confused and isolated in the dark.

As Hope raced up the stairs, she could hear the distant callings of Lizzie. But she wasn't about to stop after what she had just done. Kissing Lizzie? That was everything and nothing she had wanted for months. That was not how it was supposed to happen, but it happened. She knew she should't, she knew, but she did it anyways. The way she talked about Clara just made her want to kiss her so fucking badly that she felt paralysed. Watching her talk about another girl like that- it felt dirty. She couldn't, she just couldn't not kiss her. But wouldn't it have been so much easier if she just didn't.

Suddenly, she found herself switching routes. Her legs seemed to be on autopilot, taking her to the one place that she needed and didn't need to be.

As soon as she arrived at the woods, she was reminded of the disastrous date before. The food that Clara had thrown was still smeared across the floor, the few candles that remained sputtering and dull. Tiny, crystalline shards of glass scattered across the floor glinted in the moonlight, an array of stars shining on land. The memories flooded back as if she was reliving them, Lizzie's sea glass eyes set in anger. She remembered the way Lizzie talked about Clara, the way Lizzie had no fucking idea what was happening in Hope's mind. Her knees buckled as the tears rolled down her skin. She crumbled to the floor, glass shards digging into the brunette's legs. But it wasn't that feeling that unsettled her the most. It was the memory of the last time she had cried like she was now. Except then, she had Lizzie. Lizzie's embrace, the smell of her hair, the gentle tone of her voice. Now? Who knew.

'There you are.' Hope heard a tentative voice approaching through the trees.

'Lizzie.' Hope swept away her tears as fast as she could, shame and embarrassment clouding her thoughts.

'Hope, I need to say something. And I really, really need you to shut up for once.' Lizzie breathed, pleading eyes looking down at the tribrid. Hope nodded silently.

'When you kissed me earlier, I'll admit it, I was shocked. I remember the moment you leaned in, my brain went straight for panic. Because I kept thinking; 'I don't like Hope? What is she doing?'. And then, you kissed me. That changed all of it. I couldn't breathe after that, I couldn't think, I couldn't do anything. I thought and thought, and the more i thought, I realised how insanely in love with you I am. I love you so fucking much, Hope Andrea Mikaelson. And I would really love to kiss you again.

Hope stared at the blonde, lost for words. Her heart raced at what felt like a million miles per hour, her mind running even faster.

'Oh god. You changed your mind didn't you. Oh shit.' Lizzie began pacing as Hope's mouth formed the beginnings of a smile.

'Come here.' She murmured, striding to the blonde and kissing her like she'd never before.

'I love you too.' Hope whispered in between kisses.