Chapter twenty-four: Jack the sleeper

I do not own any of these characters, ideas of settings, or settings. They all belong to Disney, Pixar, and DreamWorks animation studios.

The bright, morning sun basically pried Jacks eyes open. He felt like it was burning his skin. He longed for the cold air, back home. He partly missed his apartment that never got tired of air conditioning, even when it was 'freeze-your-butt-off' weather, outside.

Red curls where soon dancing above him. In the sunlight, they looked like they were on fire. Jack felt a surge of pain as a soft smack hit his cheek.

"Ow, Merida!" He sat up immediately, pressing his palm to a light, red cheek.

"I barely even smacked you." She stood up. She looked like a giant from where Jack was sitting. Her yellow tank top glowed in the sunlight. Merida strode away, hands on her hips, muttering things Jack probably didn't need to hear.

Jack slid on his favorite, blue jacket on, over his white, sleeping shirt. He didn't care if anyone noticed that he'd slept in it. It was just the same as any other shirt.

Soon after, Jack strode over to a struggling Rapunzel and a helpful Hiccup. He was helping her out with her sleeping bag. Seeing Hiccup even just a few inches away from neon purple made Jack laugh, cackle, almost.

Jack tried his best to paint over the ugly laugh with a wide grin.

"Hey dude." Jack and Hiccup both high-fived each other, almost automatically, as if just being near each other was some type of que.

"Morning." Rapunzel said, the sleeping bag soon disappearing into a roll of purple material, beneath her.

She wore her hair down, this time, and it made her look even more beautiful. The blonde hair hung loosely around a pink and white, striped, collared, tank top. It was tucked into her white, lacy, skirt. It went down just above her knees. She looked almost out of place in this tired forest.

"We'll be leaving in fifteen minutes!" She squealed, landing, gently on her stomach. He helped her up, afterwards, even though she didn't need it.

"To the Corona village?" He declared more than asking.

"CORONA!" They heard a low voice yell.

Jack turned his head to see Hiccup lying on the ground next to Merida's sneakers. Merida was cracking up. He probably got startled by the shout.