Chapter 88

'i need to get eri to a safer place..'

'no problem..power, right?'

'i'm nowhere near my limit!'

'move..'

with tears streaming down his face, mirio struggles to take small steps without collapsing. eri's right next to him, holding hands with him. this is it. he has her now. she's safe. just just you all promised she would be.

'move, lemillion!'

but pride is simply not enough.

with his legs finally giving up on him, mirio grunts as he hits the ground. a tail of blood that followed his every step marks the absolute torture he's been through today.

but he still attempts to stand strong.

'stand!'

'move!'

"eri, hide yourself..and wait. dozens of people.. are acting to try..and save you..!"

"eri, you'll be fine.."

her red eyes stay locked onto the fallen hero.

does she listen?

you're cursed!

or does she go with her gut?

"IZUKU!"

you don't care about the villain anymore.

as much as you shouldn't be breaking the protocol, there's something much bigger of your worries at the moment.

'jeez, even if i can repair myself, it still hurts when i break apart..' overhaul thinks while repairing his arm, watching you in amusement as you abandon him and jump the other way.

seeing a mop of green hair that you always love to play with, you feel faster than ever when you jump to him. you wanna cry, scream in not only agony for him, but for the pain that scorches your body.

"izuku izuku izuku.." you finally make it to him. your head spins like a carnival ride but you don't let it stop you. bringing him into your arms, you sit on the platform while looking at his face. his eyes are closed, making your mind wander to the worst possibility.

"izuku dammit. you better wake up!" you yell, resisting the urge to slap him.

"...my...love.."

"don't you dare talk you're about to die." you cut him off.

"..beautiful..."

"you're not doing this right now. i will literally slap you."

"..my..girl.."

revenge sure is sweet.

putting a hand to your stomach, izuku slowly pushes you away from him. when you sit back away from him, you study his every move. how slowly he gets up, how shaky he is, how close he is to actually passing out.

and how his green orbs go to you.

"you..look so pretty..right now."

you stare at him with a confused look.

"i won't die that easily."

your eyes widen at his words.

i won't die that easily.

"y-you're quoting me..at a time like this?" your eyes narrow.

he ignores you, getting to his knees and taking big breaths. the spike in his leg and arm make you wanna go berserk but since it doesn't seem to be effecting izuku as much as it should, you push down your wants and focus on the needs.