I Gave You The Stars (But You Gave it to Somebody Else)

The rain splattered from the sky to the ground. While the harsh wind passed through the air, swinging the branch on the trees harshly. The sky was dark, but there is no stars or moon to accompany the night. Instead, the sky was filled with thunder and lightning.

No sane human would go out in the middle of rainstorm like this. Except, there is a man standing beside a gazebo near his campus. Then man has a small stature, wearing nothing but a black and white stripe shirt and a beige trousers. His hands were crossed on to his tiny shoulder, trying to give himself some warmth. But the temperature was getting colder as the night went by, leaving him cold and shivering.

Three hours have passed since he first waited near the gazebo. But his boyfriend, who were supposed to pick him up were nowhere to be found. Mix could go home by himself, of course. But his phone ran out of battery, so he can't order an online taxi. Moreover, he was now stuck on the gazebo near his campus, all thanks to the rainstorm that came without any warning. For now, he just wished for some kind of miracle to occur.

The horn from the car wake Mix's up from his daydream. A black car stopped right in front of him. He wished with all his heart for car in front of him belong to his boyfriend Earth. But he knew that car. And that car does not belong to Earth. But belongs to Bright. The one who came out of the car was not Bright, of course. But it was Win, who happen to be Mix's best friend since infancy.

"Get in the car!" shout Win. His hand was holding a big umbrella, trying to shelter Mix from the rain. While his other hands was put onto Mix's shoulder, guiding him to the back seat of the car.

The car ride was silent. Nobody dares to speak for awhile. But the sound of silent crying can be heard from the back seat of the car.

"You need to break up with him," Win stated honestly.

"Win..."

"No, Mix! How many times has this happen? You, waiting for him for godknows how long. And him, playing with some random person that he met from godknows where. You're my best friend, Mix. And I hate to see you hurt." Hearing Win's outburst, Mix realize one thing. That he is not the only one who suffered. Every time he cries, every heartbreak that Earth caused, Mix is not the only one who is hurting. But his friends too.

The truth is, Mix is tired. Tired of seeing someone who doesn't see him back. Prioritizing someone who does not even appreciate him. But what can Mix do? He loves Earth. He loves him with all his heart. It seems like not only Mix's body and heart who fell in love with Earth. But his soul is too.

Mix hated this feeling. The feeling of helplessly in love with someone who does not return the feelings. But it's not like Mix could control his feelings.

"Mix, I'm pretty sure that Win does not mean to dictate your relationship with your boyfriend. It's just that, Win and I hated seeing you suffer. After all, we are your friends. You don't have to follow what Win said. Because after all, the choice is yours. But please consider his words. But most of all, please consider yourself. And your heart. You're a great person, Mix. And an amazing friend. You don't deserve to be treated that way. By anybody. Especially not by the one you love so dearly." Bright's words echoed throughout the car ride. But the words are also echoing through Mix's heart.

oOo

The next day, Mix body was aching. He could felt sweat are drenching through his clothes, while his head felt like someone pounding into it. All he wanted right now was a glass of water. Mix wanted to wake his body up, and walk towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. But it seems like his body refused to move. The only thing that he manage to control was his eyes.