Chapter 3: A Sprouting Bond (WIP/Unfinished)

(Take a note that this isn't finished yet. Hopefully soon we'll be updating it more)

You're taking a walk through the city again, due more traumatizing events at home.
It was a few days after you had saved Garcello's life. You remember the genuine smile he had as he had looked up at you. It gave you a.. strange feeling.
One that had never left you since that day.
For now, you decide to shrug it off. After all, it couldn't be anything to worry about right?

You head into your favorite cafe on the block.
Only to be surprised to see a friend of yours that actually lived far away from you.
You stood there, in slight shock, before spitting out the words-
"D..dude- is that you?"
They turned to you, and then a smile spread across their face.
"(y/n)??"
Both of you squealed in surprise as you hugged each other tightly.

"It's been WAY too long-!" Your friend said, pulling away a little.
"Oh I know-.. boy have we got some catching up to do."
You both laugh before ordering your food and finding a place to talk.
The sun shone warmly on the umbrella covered patio the two of you sat under. you had been sharing your favorite meal as you laughed over different jokes and stories you passed around.
"A-and then- he LITERALLY brung out the towel to make it look like he was crying- water got everywhere!"
You almost choke on your drink as you laugh at the memory.

"Pff aw man! I wish I was there-!"
Your friend nodded, you two continue to talk for a while, both about the good... and bad. You sniffled, wiping your eyes on your sweater. Your friend patted your back and offered a hug (which you gladly accepted) before adding some encouraging words. A silence fell over the both of you for a while, but before long your friend puts their arms on the table, looking directly at you.

"Soooo- spill. In your recent texts, you've mentioned this.. 'cute guy', but you kind of just left it at that. You've got some explainin' to do."

"Oh, well uuh.."
You had a little trouble responding. You thought you deleted that text!
"He's just some dude I met in an alleyway.. no big deal really."

"Oh come ooon- you can give me better details than that! Tell me more about him, liiiikee.. what he looked like ?"
You sigh.
"Fine, fine- so. He's got some interesting features actually. He's got long teal hair, with a brown hat sitting atop his head, grey jacket, white shirt. Green pants. Brown boots.. nice looking... pretty eyes.. h-bhwha????"

"Daaaamn." Your friend laughs. "You're falling, aren't ya?"

Your facial expression immediately changed to one of shock.

"What??? Are you crazy?! We're just f-friends, that's all. We don't even know each other all that well.."
"Mhuuumm-"
Your friend rolls their eyes,
"And you're not stuttering like a mad fool."
Your face went red as you looked for some way to prove it was just platonic but you sighed,
defeated.
"Yeah well.. whatever..."
Your friend just laughed.
"Hey don't worry, he seems like an amazing guy. Maybe you could bring him around sometime"
"Oh? why? you looking to take this man for your own~?"
You sass back, to which your friend almost chokes on whatever they were drinking.
"NO- one, he's yours. Two- not interested in that gushy stuff."
"Suuuree- I'll remind you of that on your wedding day.."
The two of you continue to playfully banter, like the two siblings you were- well.. in a way. You had known each other for years and with all the things you've been through, you felt like family. Time seemed to fly by and before you knew it, it was close to dusk and you both agreed you had better get going. You shared one last hug before going your separate ways.