wishing upon a tomorrow

Hey guys s'been long. I'll warn ya, make sure you have a tissue with you.

Storyline: Two lovers facing worldly problems.

d i a r y  ❦  e d i t i o n

02.03.1994

Just another day.

I wandered in my grandfather's farm. Standing under a tree preventing the scorching heat from pricking my skin. I have never been the best to keep up with the summer heat. At a distance my eyes illustrated a silhouette running right in my direction. It was a boy. He hastily asked me for a place to hide while fumbling with my collar. Unknowingly inundating a string of feelings into me.

I blankly pointed towards the tree still trying process everything. "Come on up! You'll get me caught," he said and I involuntarily climbed up with him. His smile underscored her unadulterated innocence in abundance.

From the top, I saw grandpa jog by, huffing. A muffled snicker blew against my ear as I intently stared at my him. However, he only motioned me to keep a hushed tone. At the sight of grandpa leaving, the boy jumped down turning his angelic face back at my direction. "Come down." There and then I got a panic attack.

I didn't know how to climb down a tree!

He mysteriously squinted his big doe eyes looking at my stuck figure, "you don't know, do you?" It felt like he could see through me. "Just jump. I'm here." Never did anyone in my life sound so reassuring as him. So I did what he instructed, landing straight on top of him. Looking at his thin lips made me crave for it. The crave was, so strong, as though I could feel it.

I immediately got off him, for the sake his lithe body trampled under my body weight. Sitting up against the tree, he took out some strawberries out his pocket...of our farm. That explained his escape. "You could've asked me. Stealing is bad you know," I said, being hesitant not to sound judgemental. "Where's the fun in that?" He said, glittering eyes, wind ruffling hair. "I love Gramps very much. He is the fittest in this village. You now know why." He smiled.

"I think I'll get going...by the way I'm Jeongguk."

Jeongguk. His name imprinted on my mind just like his naive face.

It was the first time I met someone so intriguing in my 19 years of life.

25.06.1994

I saw Jeongguk again by the sea shore playing with his dog. My legs carried me all the way to him. He mentioned he visits that place whenever he missed his family. I asked Jeongguk of their whereabouts.

"I don't know. Some say, they migrated. Some say, they're at the God's house happily singing along with the angels."

Pain crooning in every word he uttered though the smile hid them all behind its thin membrane of divine beauty.

24.02.1995

I finally confessed to him. Pink tinged his round cheeks. "I will give you my answer tomorrow," were the only words that hurled his lips and he headed back to his place.

This night seems to be the longest night of all. Ugh, God bless me!

25.02.1995

Jeongguk said yes! Little did he know he made me the world's happiest person. I wanted to kiss him so bad but he believed in taking things slow.