Chapter 1- the ground

One day 12 hours. One day 12 hours Untill I die. Most people would do anything in there power to stop themselves from being floated, but not me. Truth is Ive been waiting for this moment for the past 4 years.
After both my parents died I had very little to live for, I was always looking for a way out Untill one day I found it.
*as I'm running down the hallway All I can hear is my own feet hitting the floor, the hard base of my shoes echoing on the cold metal below. I need to find them, I need to find the people responsible for killing my parents and when I find them I'll kill them. Rounding the courner I spot the two murderes, my blood boils with anger as I see them standing there laughing, joking around, like my parents should of been with me if it wasn't for the fact that there floating through space never to be seen agein. I reach for the gun in my back pocket, like a prey stalking it's next meal I stay silent to not give away any hints about my presence, I want them to be completly supprised when they feel the bullet pierce there skin.  I'm aiming the gun at the murderers head, as I put my finger over the trigger I'm just about to push but all of a sudden I feel arms round my waist. I'm pulled back and pushed ageinst a wall, I feel a sting in my neck and the last thing I remember is looking into some chocolate brown eyes before everything goes black*
As you would assume I got locked up for attempted murder, counting down the days Untill my 18th birthday where I would get floated, all my pain would finally be gone and I could see my family agein.
" prisoner 166 ageinst the wall"
I hear the guards shout before I see them, all of a sudden the metal  door to my cell opens and I see two guards file in, one of them holding a little black box. " ageinst the wall" they shout agein, pulling me from my thoughts I went and stood ageinst the wall, It was a little early but maybe they had to make my death sooner, maybe they needed the room, as I said I've been waiting for this moment for four years so I wasnt about to ruin my chance and mess this up by fighting the guards.
A metal bracelet is snapped around my wrist, I hiss in pain as needles plunge into my wrists, Straight away I feel the added weight pulling my arm down.
I'm escorted out my cell and confusion hits me straight away, I see about 100 other prisoners all wearing the same bands as me, I try to ask the blond haired boy infront of me what's going on but I'm quickly interrupted when I feel a bolt of electric go through my body.
" silence" the guard shouts, " no need for violence asswipe" I spit back as the throbbing in my back starts from where he shocked me. As we approach a courner I see a drop ship in the distance. Where the hell are they sending us  I think to myself. I'm pushed through the door and told to find a seatbelt and buckle myself in. Sighing I look around to see all the seats taken, guess I'm standing. I go to the last remaining seatbelts I see available, one between 2 boys and one next to a guard, obviously I'd be stupid to sit next to the guard. Climbing in between the boys they both smile at me and I recognise the one to my right, he spent the last 2 years in the cell next to me.
" hi I'm Jasper, Jasper Jordan and this here is my friend monty green" the brown haired boy says quite happily I might add.
" hi I'm Millie" I add back, not looking to engage in conversation
" Millie? As In Millie Jones the girl who was next door to me In the sky box? "
" yep" I sigh. I'm not trying to be rude but after not talking to anyone for 4 years I've learnt how to cope with being alone and I like it. Whenever there sending us I can get through it alone so the sooner these guys know that the better.
Jasper Sences my bluntness but before he has any time to comment on it we're all sprung up jolting around, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. All of a sudden a voice I've known to hate comes into the drop ship.
" prisoners of the ark, this is your chancellor, you may be wondering what's going on. We're sending you to the ground to see if it's survivable. We have sent you because your expendable, if you survive your charges will be dropped and your slate will be clean. On your wrists you will see a wrist band, this transmits your vitals to the ark so we can see if it's safe to follow you down. Do not take these off. You will be dropped on mount weather, it has enough perishables to sustaine 300 people for two years. Good luck.
The ground? He sent us to the ground to die. I knew jaha was a dick but I didnt think he was this much of a dick. I roll my eyes and continue trying to calm my breathing as the ship jolts around. A few boys unlock there belts and fly around, well Untill we hit the atmosphere and they all go crashing to the ground. All of a sudden there's a loud crash and everyone gets flown around. It takes a while to compose ourselves but then I here the boy I've learnt to be called monty talking.
" listen, no machine hum, we've landed"
Everyone unlocks there seatbelt and I see a blond rush over to the boys that fell during impact, shaking her head as she pronounced them dead. Well 2 down 98 to go I think to myself. I make my way to the front when all of a sudden a brown haired girl pushes past me.
" watch it" I say as she almost knocks me over, I watch as she runs into the guards arms and he picks her up spinning her. " look how big you've gotten O" the guard says, " what are you doing here?" The brown haired girl says, " and what the hell are you wearing?!" She shouts as she hits his chest. " I borrowed it someone had to come look after you" he smiles down at her while saying, all of a sudden the smile is gone when the blond from earlier cuts in. " where's your wristband?" She questions and it's only then I realise he hasn't got one on. That's strange I think to myself but I sit back and watch it unfold.
" do you mind? I havent seen my brother in 2 years " the brunette snapped back.
Brother? No one has a brother, clearly I wasnt the only one thinking that when the boy behind me shouted the exact same question out. Then it clicks. Octavia Blake, she was in the cell the other side of me, the guard must be her brother. Octavia starts swinging for the boy behind me as I duck and go under her arm, her brother eyes me cautiously before putting his arm out infront of me. " what do you think your doing? " he asks, trying to sound intimidating. Rolling my eyes I look up to him " what does it look like I'm doing dumbass, I'm opening the door before we run out of oxygen in here" the boy looks at me for a second before backing off allowing me to pull the lever. The doors open and a gust of wind hits us. I stand back waiting for the radiation to hit us, waiting for the screams, but nothing happenes. Untill the guard speaks agein. I must of missed a fight happen becuse by the time I looked over all I could see was him holding Octavia
back. " why don't we give them something else to remember you by" he says. You can see the curiosity in her eyes " yeah like what" she replies angrily. " like the first person to walk on the ground in 100 years"  " 97 years actually" I smirk as I look at the guard who glares at me. Our glaring contest is cut short when I here Octavia shout " we're back bitches"
I go down the ramp leading out of the drop ship and I cant help but have a small smile on my lips as I realise that we are in-fact
back.