Episode IV, Part II: A Tale of Gods.

Part II: A Tale of Gods.

The Vanishing Point.

"Barry?" Sara stared in shock at the man who looked like her late husband, except for the white suit and gold eyes.

"Yes and no." he responded, with his voice vibrating like it would when he was trying to disguise his voice to protect his identity. "It's complicated." the now White Flash told her.

"Complicated how?" Oliver asked softly, not wanting to believe that this was his brother and get his hopes up

Barry looked at him with a smile, expecting such a reaction from the Green Arrow. "I am Barry Allen. But I'm also something... more." he told them. "The Speed Force gave me the name Savitar, as I am the First and the Last."

"The First and Last what?" Kara asked of the man who claimed to be her best friend.

"Speedster." Barry answered bluntly. "I was the First Speedster and I will be the Last. Like I said, it's complicated." he admitted to their confused looks. "The Speed Force was made up of the positive nature of our Multiverse. Infinite Universes filled with an infinite number of people feeling joy, hope, love and friendship all giving life to the Speed Force itself, which in return served to bring about life to the Multiverse." he revealed to the group.

"At the moment of my death, I thought of all the people I loved. My friends" he smiled at Oliver and Kara, both of whom had tears in their eyes, and then to Sara "and my family. And with that love in my heart I opened myself up to the Speed Force completely and became one with it. But then I learned that the Speed Force was dying." At Barry's words Oliver, Kara, Sara and even Clark's eyes widened in shock at how something as powerful as the Speed Fore was potentially now dead.

Barry continued "The end of the Multiverse resulted in the end of the Speed Force, but with its last gasp it passed everything it had to me, The Last of its Children." Then his eyes glowed with white light. "Now I am Savitar, Guardian of Time and Defender of Life." Then, as the glow faded, Barry - no Savitar - smirked "or rather, its Paragon."

The other Paragons eyes widened. "You were the eighth Paragon." Bruce realized. Barry nodded. "Yes, the Paragon of Life. Though I did not fit the criteria until I sacrificed myself." he said, causing the Trinity to flinch.

"So what happens now?" J'onn asked him, getting them back to the matter at hand.

"Right now the Anti-Monitor is at the Dawn of Time, preparing to make permanent his destruction of worlds." Savitar revealed to them.

Jefferson growled out . "Then we go there, and we end him." he said determinedly.

But Barry shook his head. "That won't be possible. He is extremely powerful and with the destruction of the Multiverse, he has only become more so. The Shades we faced on Earth-38 were literal shadows of themselves. In that realm they will be even more powerful and there will be an infinite army of them." he revealed the extent of the fight they had ahead of them. "The eight of us won't be enough. We need help."

Oliver stepped up to the man who looked like his friend, still not wanting to believe it was really their Barry. "So what's your plan?" he asked.

Barry smiled at his friends paranoia. "You told me once that you believed in me." he reminded Oliver. "Do you still?"

Oliver swallowed a lump in his throat. "Prove to me that you really are Barry Allen." he said, stubbornly refusing to believe until he was certain.

Barry smiled in remembrance. "Do you remember when I first got my powers?" he asked rhetorically, knowing Oliver did. "I came to you for advice. I said I didn't think that I could be a vigilante like you. What you told me has stayed with me ever since. You said that I could be Better. Because I can inspire people in a way you never could. Watching over my city like a guardian angel. Making a difference." he smiled as Oliver's eyes filled with tears as he truly believed. "Saving people-"