14

I woke up late. The lid was open and Adrian was still with me, but, his cloak was off, revealing his bare chest. There were so many scars, what happened to him? I examined his body, and ran my fingers around his scares. I looked up at his face and noticed his bangs were pushed to the side, revealing his closed eyes. Just being this close to him made me feel calm and happy. His sleeping face looks so peaceful and happy, he was meant to be an angle.
As I was gazing at his shut eyes, they slowly fluttered open.
"G'day love." He whispered. His voice was so calm, I haven't see this side to him before. The sun shined into the room, it covered our body's with a warm blanket of light.
"Why did you take off your cloak?" I asked.
He smiled then replied.
"It was hot! how could I sleep with you laying on top of me in a vent free coffin?" He began to chuckle. "Come on, get up. I'll make you some tea." He pushed me out of the coffin then stood up. Off to the side his cloak was thrown, and it landed perfectly onto a chair. He slid it on his body then grabbed his hat. "You shouldn't sleep to much my dear, you might get trapped in a dream. Hahaha."
I tried to get up off the floor, but I was so tired. Could I just sleep for a little longer? I know it's going to sound crazy, but I don't want to get my own coffin. Oh, I hope he forgets about it. I know I'm still tired, but that was the best nights sleep I have ever had. Just being held by him made me feel safe.
*tweeEeEeEeEEEEET*
There goes the tea, I guess I should get up. I walked into the kitchen and saw Adrian pouring the tea. "I hope you like it. It's pretty strong, but it has a beautiful flavour. I've found its something nice to have after a long night." He said while giving me the tea.
"Long night? No. I slept so peacefully, could you not sleep?" I asked.

"I was trying so hard to make sure you were comfortable."

"You didn't have to do that. Either way I would have a good slumber. Just being held during the night makes me feel safe, and that's all I need."
He looked at me then smiled.
"I guess you're just lucky that I don't have any of the materials to make a new coffin yet."