028; and that hurt

— third person —

It was later that same night, everyone had gone back to their houses after the meeting. It was just the basic's, the bands rehearsal schedule and upcoming tour information.

Besides that, Daniel was feeling better. He was still upset about his family situation but he was going to go hang out with his siblings for the night.

Skye had Jack drive her home and instantly got out of the car without saying a word to the boy. He noticed the distance from Skye in the past few hours and decided to let Melanie deal with it.

He texted his cousin, letting her know that Skye was off today and that she should check up on her. Of course, Melanie being the control freak she is, she had decided she would have Zach deal with this.

It was perfect opportunity for them to get closer by having a personal conversation. And if Skye didn't curse out Zach at the end, it was improvement in Melanie's eyes.

Skye laid in Zach's room. She had already had dinner and just wanted to be alone for the night. That didn't happen when the phone next to her started ringing. It was a face time call from Zach.

She picked up the phone and hesitated to answer. He could of had something important to tell her but she also didn't feel like talking to anyone. After some mental debated in her head, she hit the green button and an image of her own face popped up on the screen.

"Hey!" Zach said excitedly into the phone. Skye noticed he was looking a lot better then how they left him last night. Guess the hangover was cured.

"Hey Zach." Skye mumbled. She placed the phone against the pillows on her bed and sat up straight across from it.

"So. . .I came to check up on you. How are you?" Zach asked, guessing Skye wouldn't be open with him and would click the hang up button. It was worth a try though.

Skye raised her eyebrow at the boy, "How'd you know?"

"Jack told Melanie who told me. If you need someone to talk to I'm here." Zach sent the girl a gentle smile. He hoped that she would open up because he honestly was curious about what was bothering her.

"If I were to talk to someone, it wouldn't be you. So bye." Skye rolled her eyes and grabbed her phone.

Before she clicked the hang up button, Zach yelled at her. "Wait!" He didn't really have anything else to say, so he sat there as Skye looked at him.

"What?"

"I've got nothing. I was just trying to stop you from hanging up." Zach chuckled as he played his the rings on his fingers as he would do when nervous.

Skye sighed, giving him her classic eye roll. "You are a useless nobody."

"I'm not going to take that to heart since I know somethings bugging you. Just talk to me okay, it could help." Zach said, truly not mad at the girl for insulting him. All he cared about right now was her mental health and helping her.

Skye stayed quiet, thinking if she wanted to open up to the boy. She had told him plenty of things about her and he was probably close to knowing how she dealt with things. For starters, he was literally living in her body.