Hero

The day sky was ablaze with a raging fire that threatened to consume everything in its path. Flames leapt high into the air, casting an eerie orange glow across the city streets. Smoke billowed into the sky, thick and black, obscuring the beautiful blue atmosphere and choking the air.

Amid the chaos, people ran in every direction, screaming and shouting, desperate to escape the flames that raced toward them. The heat was intense, scorching everything in its path and making it difficult to breathe. Embers rained down like fiery rain, landing on rooftops and setting them ablaze.

In the middle of all of this destruction there was a green goo monster. It laughed in the face of the torment of others.

I begin to slowly circle the blazing Tatooin Shopping district like a vulture.

I eventually land on-top of a building and scope everything out. I slowly and methodically examine each and every detail of the rampaging fire, and much to my dismay the monster seems to be holding a familiar blonde boy hostage.

My eyes widen as I see the struggling Bakugo, he uses his quirk recklessly as explosions boom all around him.

I now know the gravity of this situation. The hero's can't get close not only because of the the fire but also because of the explosions Bakugo is emitting.

It's truly a dilemma.

But it doesn't matter, I will take care of it myself.

However as I'm preparing myself to drop down I notice a person from the crowd of civilians sprint into action. The boys curly green hair violently sways with the wind and tears are apparent in his eyes. His expression is twisted with fear but he continues moving into the face of danger.

My powerless childhood friend dashes into a life or death situation.

I was already surprised but this takes it to a further level.

But this was not the time to be bewildered, two people I care about are in immediate danger. I must act. They will not share the same fate of my parents.

———

I don't know what caused it, the movement of my body. Was it the inaction of the hero's? Or was it because Bakugo was in there?

I knew first hand how terrible being suffocated by that monster felt. I thought I was gonna die after only a few seconds. He's been in there much longer than I.

But I was saved, by a hero. And that's what Bakugo needed.

He needed A savior, it didn't matter who it was, he needed help. And I took it upon myself to give him exactly that.

The screams of the hero's become noting but muffled noise as I got closer to the monster made of green Goo.

The sludge villain reels his arm back and swipes his elongated limp at me.

Swiftly I duck under and get up close and personal with Bakugo. I begin to claw at the goo, trying to rip the villain apart.

Bakugos eyes widen as he sees me claw at the goo.

Bakugo: "What the hell? Why are you here?"

Izumi: "I dunno. My legs...They just started... moving!"

The digging wasn't doing anything, Bakugo was still stuck in that hellhole.

It began to sink in. How truly powerless i was, how I can't do anything in the face of strength Why did I do this? Am I really gonna die...

The sludge villain once more reels his arm back and the large gooey limb races towards my head. I stare at it lifelessly, I couldn't stop it. I tried my best do be a hero. I guess I was always destined to fail.