Silvia's Uneasy Night

Silvia laid in bed eyes open and bloodshot. She had just been awoken late at night from the sounds of creaking from inside her house-more specifically downstairs. She waited and it went away momentarily, only for the creaking to begin again. Hesitant, and realizing she had been holding her breath, she began hyperventilating in attempts to keep her fears at bay. Was it a burglar? No way she thought...no one is stupid enough to break into someone's house...especially THIS late at night...

She looked at her clock which read 10 PM. She took long deep breaths in through the mouth, holding it to try and pick up any sound around her, her chest tight as she exhaled. Her eyes darted left and right still dry with fear.

Mustering up some courage-or more accurately using adrenaline from her fear, she slipped out of bed and reached underneath to grab her katana she kept-just in case.

I know this is a REALLY stupid idea...and they probably have a gun. But I only have this sword...

Pressing against her door, she pushed before she turned the doorknob to stop any sound of creaks. Opening her door ever so slightly she saw them: a figure cloaked. She couldn't make out the details but not like that mattered anyway. She slowly walked up to them.

"Hi", Silvia said startling the figure.

They turned back, "Hello"

Silvia cocked her head to the right a confused look painted her features "What are you doing here?"

The figure suddenly tried to pull something out of their hip and Silvia slashed slicing their arm before anything could happen. She quickly used chiburi wiping the blood off of her blade on her forearm and flourishing it outward feeling her palm crack just like a finger.

With tears in her eyes she then went for a downward strike eyes widening in horror as their mouth was left agape. Her sword was submerged halfway through his skull.

Hyperventilating again. She slowly wiggled the sword out of the intruder's skull collapsed to the ground on her knees wishing that the outcome would have been different.

Exhausted after a long fight, she went back to her room not even bothering to wipe the blood off her arm instead opting to flick it to the ground. She fell on her bed exhausted only to be awaken by snapping downstairs. With dry eyes only half open she only saw the same figure whose skull she hacked in half laughing at her goading her to try again.