~8~

Asteria wiped the sleep out of her eyes as she yawned and sat up in her bed

Asteria wiped the sleep out of her eyes as she yawned and sat up in her bed. Firstly, she stretched her arms before getting up and heading over to the owl in the cage and allowing it to fly through the small window at the top of the wall.

Then she got ready for her first class which was Transfiguration. Quickly, she ran her hands through her curls to loosen them before applying a lemon lip balm on her lips and lighting a lavender candle on her dresser.

Then she started to button up her shirt all the way to the top before pulling up the black pleated skirt and allowing the shirt to be loosely tucked. She then put on her white socks with frilly lace trim and a pair of black converses a muggle students had given her before they left in their final year.

Then she approached the mirror hanging above her dresser and leaned in, an eyeliner pen in her hand. She had to teach herself how to do eyeliner after seeing so many other students wearing it in her 3rd year. It took a few efforts but she got both wings even.

Then a cool autumn breeze filled up the dorm which made her reach over for her cloak. The bottom of it was covered in mud from the last time she helped out Hagrid but she couldn't do much so she threw it around her and headed to her first class after blowing out the candle.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria walked into her Transfiguration class but the only desk left was located in front of Lily, Marlene, and Dorcas. "Do see the mess of her cloak." The redhead whispered.

"Who do you think you're whispering about?" Asteria asked, turning around and frustrated. "Oh, is this a blood supremacy thing? I'm sorry your family is incest and mine isn't." Lily replied.

Asteria opened her mouth but she stopped herself, accepting that whatever she would have said wouldn't make it better. Instead, she sighed and turned back around and sat down at the desk, staying silent until the lesson was finally over.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria attempted you walk to her next class but the story of Asteria confronting Lily had spread and she received many glares. Then she was stopped by a much taller, light blond Slytherin.

"Can't even win against a mud-blood. No wonder you're a disgrace." Lucius spat at the Hufflepuff as he passed. She tried to ignore him and continued walking but the more she stepped forward, the more she thought about his words.

She quickly scanned for somewhere to go which was when she noticed a small empty balcony beside her so she pushed the door open and closed it.

She walked up to the stone railing of the balcony and sighed. She felt tears spring to her eyes as they start to sting so she looked up, hoping that would stop any tears from falling. Quickly, she wiped any tears drops that had collected on her waterline away but that didn't stop her eyes from being glassy.

She then decided to skip her next class and head to the Hogwarts kitchen to make a pumpkin pie, something she would make whenever she was upset.

-☘︎︎-

She stood by the countertop in front of a bowl. She no longer needed a chair to see what she was doing which was a struggle when she was younger, especially after her mother's death.

She mixed the pumpkin filling with a wooden spoon, adding a tiny bit of cinnamon to it before pouring it into the crust. Carefully, she put it into the coal-black oven and closed her eyes for a moment, allowing the scent of baking pumpkin pie to fill her nose.

Then she cleaned up her mess just in time for the pumpkin pie to be done. She slid a pair of oven mitts onto her hands and pulled the pan out and onto a metal rack. Sadly, her mother never taught her to spell to cool down the baked good so she had to wait, watching the steam rise up into the air.

Once she thought it was done, she tapped it lightly to check before getting out a ceramic plate and a knife, cutting herself a healthy slice. She had found she enjoyed the treat with a scoop of ice cream so approached one of the elves.

"Excuse me, could I have some ice cream please?" She asked with a warm smile which made the small elf nod before running off. Since her father allowed her no contact with the house-elf back at the Parkinson Manor, she only knew what they looked like due to her constant visits to the kitchens.

The elf came back with a small bowl with a couple of scoops of vanilla ice cream, possibly planned as the dessert that night. "Thank you." Asteria thanked as she carefully took the bowl and used a spoon to move a scoop onto the warm pumpkin pie.