~11~

After the warm bath she had after James and Sirius' prank on her in the library, she decided to get revenge

After the warm bath she had after James and Sirius' prank on her in the library, she decided to get revenge. That was when she remembered James was allergic to knotgrass. She didn't know to what extent he was allergic but she agreed that if he happened to be severely allergic it would be better for everyone else.

So that night she snuck out her common room and down to the greenhouses outside the castle. Over the years the glass had become foggier and stained with moss that had grown on the roof. There were no lights in the greenhouse so she used her wand to lead the way.

She knew Professor Sprout grew Knotgrass for the potion classes but she didn't know where. So she scanned every plant and sign until she found one with 'knotgrass' on in cursive handwriting.

Carefully, she took a few stems off the plant before sneaking out again.

-☘︎︎-

The next morning she woke up early and waited in the hallway outside the Great Hall to ensure the Marauders had left their common room.

When she saw them, she hid behind a stand of armor before sneaking up the Gryffindor tower and outside the portrait of the Fat Lady. "Morning Fat Lady." She greeted the portrait. "Good morning..." She paused. "Hufflepuff?"

Then the door opened and a few younger years stepped out, quickly she held the portrait open and hurried in before they could see her or her tie and looked around the warm, red common room which was nowhere near nicer than the Hufflepuff one.

That was when she noticed Alice sat at the top of the stairs, waiting for her other friends to get ready. "Which is Potter's dorm?" She asked and the girl was too tired to even notice her tie so she pointed to a door up a set of stairs.

Asteria thanked her before hurrying up and opening the door, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw it was empty. She then scanned the dorm.

One bed was neatly made with a stack of books on the table beside it, the other had been pushed up closer to the one with books. The one by the window was surrounded by small plants. Finally, the one wall behind the nearest bed was covered in Quidditch posters.

She then smirked as she quickly stuffed the several stems of the plant into the pillowcase of that bed and hurry out. But once she got down the stairs, she heard the voices of the Marauders going through the portrait.

She scanned the room before hiding behind a tapestry that was hung on the wall. She pulled back a bit so she could watch the unaware boys walk past her and into their dorm.

Cheering silently to herself, she hurried out the Gryffindor common room.

-☘︎︎-

The next day the Hufflepuff woke up early, eager to see if her prank worked. So she quickly got ready for heading down to the Great Hall and sat at the yellow table but she didn't eat and instead sat with a leg up on the bench and held onto her chest.

Then, the Marauders walking in and trailing at the back was James Potter who was scowling. The right side of his face was covered in a horrible red, bumpy rash that would deter anyone away.

His usual fan group did not hurry over to his that morning but instead pulled faces off disgust when they saw the great rash on his face, making him slump in his chair at the Gryffindor table.

But then he noticed the smirking Hufflepuff girl staring at him. He glared back which made her shrug before swinging her legs out and leaving the Great Hall.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat alone at her desk in Transfigurations, a subject she struggled in greatly. She sat slumped over, her hand supporting her head which felt like letting hit the table.

Bored, she started to chew on the end of her quill, rolling her eyes every time Lily shot her hand up to answer a question. "Reparifarge," Lily said which made the silver-haired teacher nod.

"Reparifarge," Asteria repeated in a mocking, high-pitched voice which made me turn around. This made Lily instantly turn around. "Maybe if you tried hard in school your father sousing hate you." She hissed.

"It will take a lot more than that," Asteria replied as she propped her feet up on the empty chair beside her. "And if you stopped being an insufferable know-it-all, more people would probably like you." The Hufflepuff replied.

"3 points from Hufflepuff and Gryffindor!" McGonagall announced when she saw the talking students. "But Professor, she-" The emerald robed teacher hushed her. "I would advise accepting the punishment before it goes up to 4 Miss Evans."

The girl decided to stay silent but sulk for the rest of the lesson which made Asteria smirked as she continued to bite on the end of her feather quill.