~21~

Asteria woke up early to pack her suitcase to leave for Christmas

Asteria woke up early to pack her suitcase to leave for Christmas. Halfway through packing, a couple of students started to sing Christmas carols which made her huff and attempt to hum so she could block them out.

Her luggage was rather light as there were only a few knitted jumpers, a pair of shoes, and jeans. She hardly packed anything when going home for the holidays as she knew she would lock herself in her room for most of it.

After she was done, she carried her suitcase to the kitchens to make herself a honey banana toast which she was unable to make at the Parkinson Manor.

She took the final bite, wiped her mouth with the back of her hand then hurried down to the Hogsmeade station before the Hogwarts Express would leave, leaving her at the school for Christmas which sometimes debated on allowing.

But she knew Regulus was waiting for her. "I had to hold the train up for you!" Regulus shouted as the girl ran up the path out of breath. "How are you out of breath?" He asked as he followed the girl onto the train. "Because I've been running around for the past hour." She replied as she scanned the train for an empty compartment.

Finally, she found one and slid the door open before pushing her suitcase up onto the shelf above the cushioned chair. She then collapsed into the seat beside the window and leaned on the glass whilst the Slytherin sat on the opposite side.

"So what lie did you tell them this time?" She asked with a slight chuckle which made him roll his eyes. "I'm kidding Reg. God, you're easy to annoy." She replied which made him scowl. "I'm easy to annoy? How many people have you punched this term?" Regulus asked which made her shrug. "I see that you are a man of logic."

-☘︎︎-

Asteria stared out the window and watched the train come to a sudden halt, filling the platform with smoke. She let out a sigh before flipping up her septum piercing and pulling her suitcase off of the shelf.

The two students then followed the crowd off the train and stepped off onto the cement floor of the platform.

She scanned the busy station until she noticed her father, who wore a face of disgust, with her stepmother clung to his arm. Asteria looked down at the floor as she walked over to them, hoping that no one would notice her walking towards the horrid couple.

"Head up," Catrina ordered sharply as she pushed her chin up. "I'm glad you took the ridiculous thing out of your nose." Cepheus hissed at his daughter who rolled her eyes. "What was that!" He shouted which made people around staring. "Nothing." She replied quietly and her eyes looking at the ground.

"Stand up straight." Catrina hissed which made her eyebrows furrow with confusion until she saw the Blacks approaching them. "Good morning Cepheus." Orion Black greeted. "Catrina." He added as he took the woman's hand and kissed the top of it. He glanced over to the Hufflepuff girl but luckily turned away from her.

"I have heard of the new deal you are proposing at the Ministry." The man said, tapping his cane on the floor. "I think it's time to control the mudblood situation," Cepheus replied which made both Orion and Walburga nod in agreement.

Asteria rolled her eyes which was when she noticed Regulus as he was so quiet. His back was straight and his head was held up proudly. He then glanced to see Asteria snickering at him. "What's so funny?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Nothing, you little goody." She whispered back which made him roll his eyes. "Well, we must get going," Orion told his wife before he nodded at Cepheus and walked away.

"Why can't you be like Regulus?" Catrina hissed at the Hufflepuff girl. The pair then started to walk away. "You should see him at school." She muttered under her breath. "Asteria, hurry up!" Cepheus ordered which made her quicken her steps to catch up with them.

-☘︎︎-

Cepheus pushed the doors to the Manor open and stepped in, swinging his coat off of his arms and onto the coat rack. "Where was Orion's oldest son?" Catrina asked her husband. "You haven't heard? The putrid boy got kicked out and went running to that blood-traitor." Cepheus replied.

"Maybe if they weren't shitty parents, he would still be there," Asteria muttered but the manor was so quiet that they heard her clearly. "What did you say? The Blacks are the most respected pureblood family and if some hear you speak that nonsense we will be done for!" The man shouted at his daughter, his face bright red. "Maybe I should use some tips from them!" He added with a hiss.

Asteria opened her mouth to argue back but he interrupted her. "Get to your room!" He shouted, sharply pointing up at the top of the stairs. She let out a sigh of defeat before she slumped over and walked up to her bedroom.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria was laying on her bed for what felt like hours, not even being called down for dinner. She jumped as the door handle turned and it creaked open.

"There will be a Christmas ball at the Blacks tomorrow," Catrina informed. "I suggest keeping your mouth shut when we are there." She added with a hiss before she slammed the door shut which made her jump.