~23~

In the living room at the Potter Manor, the Marauders sat around the warm fireplace

In the living room at the Potter Manor, the Marauders sat around the warm fireplace. It had been snowing all night and as a result, everything outside was a bright white. The glass of the many windows in the house had frosted at the edges.

Peter lay on the rug in front of the fire whisky James and Sirius sat on the sofa and Remus read a book in an armchair. "Mum says once it gets warmer we can go out and give her a try."
James told the boy beside him, his new broomstick in his hands.

"I see you're already digging into your chocolate Moony," Sirius said as he was too busy watching the boy take a bite of a chocolate bar rather than James and his broom. "I'm eating it before you do." He replied, still looking down at his book.

James then noticed Peter pouting at the ground. "What's up Pete?" He asked the boy. "My mum confiscated my Herbology book because there were dangerous plants in that she thinks I'll want," Peter told him. "Do you know who doesn't have to deal with their mums taking anything from them? Parkinson." James laughed.

Suddenly, someone walked into the room. It was his mother, Euphemia. "James, I hope you are not laughing at that young Parkinson girl." She told her son who wore a guilty face. "That girl has gone through too much for a girl her age to of." Euphemia began. "How would you feel if u died and people laughed about it?" She then asked her son who looked down and shrugged.

"You need to apologise to her and be kind to her otherwise I will confiscate Quidditch for the rest of the year," Euphemia told her son who looked up with wide eyes. "But mum-"

"No James. I will have Professor Mcgonagall contact me whenever she feels like you have been friendly to the girl." She then left the room. James let out a huff whilst Sirius laughed. "Good luck mate. I know I wouldn't be able to be nice to her." Sirius said as he patted his shoulder.

-☘︎︎-

As it got later, the living room started to become empty. Peter had headed home whilst James had headed up to bed leaving Sirius and Remus.

The whole manor was decorated with Christmas reaves, multiple Christmas trees, and stockings. Remus then glanced over at the grandfather clock in the room and got up. "It's getting late, my mother will be waiting for me." He told Sirius as he headed towards the door.

Sirius followed the tallboy into the entrance to the manor and watched him pull his coat up to his arms. "Night," Sirius said with a smirk before pushing himself up onto his tiptoes so he could reach his lips.

Suddenly, a loud squeal made them look over at the staircase which a messy-haired boy was running down. Then he jumped up, pushing Sirius over and barely being caught by Remus. "You guys are adorable! I love you!" James exclaimed which made the boys chuckle lightly.

-☘︎︎-

This chapter is a bit short but oh well...

Emma xxx