8

I woke up with a yawn, knowing it's 6:30 am. I opened the door just as my siblings did the same. "Good morning guys! Ready for another great day of training," Chase asked with enthusiasm pouring out of him. It is 6 in the morning, nobody should be this energetic. "Ughh," Adam, Bree, and I said at the same time. I brushed my teeth and combed my hair and put it in a ponytail. I grabbed a fresh mission suit from my closet and got dressed. Once I was ready, I decided to wake up Leo since it was 6:49 and class starts at 7:20 today. I grabbed an empty cup and filled it with ice cold water, and tiptoed my way to Leo sleeping peacefully on the couch. Without any doubt, I poured the water over his head. He woke up almost instantly. "Aaaah," He screamed as he rubbed his eyes.

"Why did you do that," Leo screamed at me. I simply shrugged," I dunno I was just bored. But get ready it's 6:50." I walked out the living quarters and made my way to the training room to prepare for my lesson. Today was going to be some basic drills and fixing problems. I grabbed a dummy from one corner of the room and brought it to the center. By now it was 7:04, and students began to come into the training room. I said my "hello's" and "good morning's" like I always do just to be polite. That's when Kate walked in. Kate is a very nice girl and I would like to consider us friends. "Hey, Y/N, looking good," Kate said as she passed by with two friends on each side of her.

Yeah. One thing I forgot to mention, is that Kate is very flirty towards me and I don't know why. I shook my head and smiled at the compliment. I know I'm barely going on my first date with Wanda but I'm just not the type to talk to two girls at once. But just to clarify, I HAVE NO INTEREST IN DATING KATE. Everyone was now in the room and we split up the groups with each mentor. And who's in my group? Kate. Just my luck. I spoke up to the girls in front of me," Alright, ladies, good morning. Please don't stress about today being an early day. We will just be doing some basic drills. So up first, Kate, will use her sonic scream to knock over this work out dummy."

I grabbed the headphones for all of us to use. I need special headphones due to my super hearing. Once we were all secure, I gave a thumbs up," Go for it Kate!" She used her sonic scream and knocked over the dummy. Thank god for these headphones. Once she stopped I gave the all clear for the rest of the girls to remove their headphones. I placed them all back into the bin and got back to the lesson. I had the girls with super speed work on controlling when they stop, and the girls with super strength work on using their strength as an advantage during fighting. That means I had to do something alone, with Kate. "Alright, Kate, how about we fight," I offered.

"Y/N, if you want to see me sweaty and exhausted there's another option we can do in private," She said, checking me out. I- did she really just say that? Oh hell no, I'm out. I chose to ignore that comment and went back to training. I grabbed another dummy and just started to punch and kick it. Anything to pass the time. Soon it was break time and I grabbed some chips and a water from the vending machine. I sat down on the steps in the common area. I ended up daydreaming of Wanda and how excited I was for the date. I already have everything planned out. I'm going to cook for her and take her on a picnic. I'm going to cook at the house to have some help from Tasha, one of the best cooks I know. I'm going to take my car, that serves no purpose since I'm not even on the mainland all the time. Just then a voice spoke," Thinking of me, y/n/n?"

Uh oh. "Hey Kate," I said. She sat down next to me," I was thinking we can go out on a date once training is done today." I'm not holding back anymore. "Listen Kate, you're really sweet but I already have a date tonight. And even if I didn't I only see you as a friend. I'm sorry," I blurted out. Her face changed to anger for a few seconds. Should I be scared? "Don't worry about it. At least I tried," Kate said before getting up and walking away. Bree walked over," What did you say to her?" "She's been really flirty today and she asked me out. I had enough so I told her I already had a date tonight," I revealed. Bree looked at me," Well hope she doesn't do anything. Kate is kind of... what's the word? Oh yeah. Crazy!"

Break ended and we went back to training. I tried to not make things awkward but Kate kept staring daggers into me. If looks could kill, I'd be six feet underground.

Kate's POV:
I have to come up with something. I can't let her go on this date. Can't she see we are perfect for each other? I don't care what I have to do.

Y/N's POV:
Training ended after what felt like and was forever. I made my way back to our living quarters. It was 3:26 Now here's my problem. What do I wear? I'll keep it casual. A plain navy blue shirt, black jeans, and authentic navy blue vans. I set the clothes on the bathroom counter and left my phone on the coffee table in the center of the room. I walked into the bathroom, locked the door, stripped and began my shower.