𝘵𝘦𝘯

"More Shelby schemes. Surprise, surprise."

*•*

*•*

"Ay, Lettie. You have a letter."

The Morelli woman kept her eyes trained on the scattered paperwork in front of her. Papers she had been neglecting since other priorities kept getting in the way. So, that morning, the Morelli woman decided to get to work early before her shop opened. That had been at seven in the morning, it's now twelve in the afternoon and Bellezza Nera was open and in full swing. She hadn't taken one break except for a stretch here and there.

After Leticia had finished writing down her thought, she diverted her attention to a patient Lilith who stood with her arm outstretched in front of her, "Where from?"

"It's from London." Lilith replied curtly but a grin grew on her lips. Swinging around the counter of the shop she stopped by the cash register where the brunette sat with her paperwork, "Oh, do you have a secret lover I don't know about?"

Lettie took the envelope turning it around to read the back. Recognizing the penmanship, her mood became a little more brighter. Giving a small smile to Lilith, Leticia started opening the letter, "No, not a lover. A Godson."

Lilith frowned playfully, "Boo. I was ready to hear some dramatic gossip," breathing out an exaggerated sigh, she said, "If you can't tell, I'm bored."

"Then go to the library. Maybe you'll overhear women telling secrets behind the bookshelves." The Morelli woman tore her eyes away from the letter to meet the woman's beside her.

Squinting her eyes, the strawberry blonde pointed a finger accusingly, "Are you only saying that because if I decide to go it gives you the perfect opportunity to return your books?"

Leticia showcased a sheepish grin on her red lips, "...Maybe," an unimpressed expression adorned Lilith's face which made the Siren leader huff out a breath of laughter, "What? You said you're bored, right? Plus I would really, really appreciate it."

Sighing loudly after a moment, Lilith agreed, "You owe me."

Leticia sent a bright smile in the strawberry blondes direction, "The books are in my office."

After Lilith left, Leticia looked back down to the letter in her hands. Pulling out the contents from inside, two folded pieces of paper became visible. Unfolding one of them, a smile took over her dark coated lips as she gazed over the drawing Timothy had drawn for her.

It was an artistic drawn image of a bronze colored horse. Timmy knew Leticia adored animals. He had heard so many stories from her experiences with tending to many different beautiful creatures that he had always wished he'd see them for himself. So, he thought he'd surprise her.