【Chapter 19】

❝ 𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"We believe that... the Ten Commandments know that we sent (Y/N) for then he can be our spy." King Bartra coughed in his hand as he looked away from the sins, too scared to see their reactions. Meliodas blinked as an innocent smile spread on his face, his aura screaming danger. 

"When did you find this out, King Bartra?" Meliodas asked him, his smile making a shiver go down King Bartra's spine. "Y-You see... we found this out about three days ago." King Bartra stuttered as he clenched his hands on his throne as the atmosphere quickly turned tense making it hard to breathe. 

"Three days... three days that we allowed (Y/N) to be close to the commandments, and you didn't tell us anything?" Merlin scoffed as she glared at the old king wishing to make his reign shorter. "(Y/N) must be so scared! We must recover him!" Diane exclaimed, pulling on her twin-tales as she frantically looked at the old king.

"Believe me, I also wish to retrieve him, but for now we can't do much. Though, yesterday I and some of our strategists were talking when we came up with a plan, though it will be quite difficult to execute properly." King Bartra sighed as he got up from his throne and walked down the steps, face-to-face with almost all the sins. 

"What is this plan of yours on which you speak of?" Gowther raised an eyebrow as King Bartra looked over at him, his expression serious. "One of you will go to their hideout and give (Y/N) a drug that will make the Ten Commandments fall asleep, though, remember to tell him that it will only last for two minutes. That should give him enough time for him and his little friend to run away." King Bartra explained the plan as some of the sins nodded along. 

"How do you expect us to do that?" Ban questioned the king, crossing his arms as he glared at him. King Bartra smiled, "You do exactly what I just told you. One of you goes and distracts the Ten Commandments as the person sneakily gives (Y/N) the drugs, he should know what to do by then." Pulling out a small flask with a handkerchief wrapped around it King Barta handed it to Meliodas. 

"That's the drug, something that dozens of goddesses died to make." King Bartra sighed as he walked back to sit on his throne, already feeling anxious. Meliodas looked down at the object before nodding and putting it inside of his pocket. "Got it, anything else?" Meliodas asked the king as he only shook his head. 

"You're all dismissed." King Bartra announced as he waved them off. The sins complied quickly as they walked away from the king and outside of the throne room, the door closing behind them. "I suppose this is the only thing we can do now." King sighed as he buried his head deeper in his green leopard pillow, closing his eyes. 

"I gladly volunteer to hand (Y/N) the drug!" Escanor volunteered quickly as he outstretched his hand towards Meliodas expecting him to hand him the drug. Meliodas glared at his hand and turned away, walking quickly away from the group. 

"I've already decided that it's going to be me, and that's finale." Meliodas sternly stated, his gaze cold as he thought of what things the commandments could be doing to (Y/N). Ban frowned, quickly running after Meliodas as he stood by his side. "You have to at least consider the others, captain." Ban pleaded only to be met by the back of Meliodas as he speed up his pace.

"No is no." Meliodas replied making Ban's frown deepen. Feeling himself collide against the chest of someone Meliodas looked up only to be met by the scowl of Escanor. "I'm powerful, so I should be the one to give it to him." Escanor said in a proud voice, puffing his chest.

"You have to figure out a way for (Y/N) to be close enough to you for then you can hand him the drug, so you have to be smart about this, smart like me." Gowther pushed up his glasses as he stood next to Meliodas, his hand close to where Melidoas had the drug. Diane walked up to Meliodas, a desperate glint in her eye. "I'll be able to provide a good distraction for (Y/N) to get the drug, so I should do it!" Diane suggested as she kneeled, face close to Meliodas. 

"(Y/N) likes me most! So he should agree with getting close to me!" King exclaimed as he floated closer towards the surrounded Meliodas. Merlin walked up to him and smirked, "I'll be able to trick them, it should be easy in and out mission if I do it." Merlin made a small spark on her hand to emphasize her point. 

"I should do it!"

"No, I!"

"Back off!"

"I've already decided that it will be me and no one else!" Meliodas yelled as he pushed everyone away, walking away from them and down the stairs as the knights opened the castle entrance allowing him to leave. Everyone else also got out of the castle as they walked down the streets of Liones towards the Boar Hat. 

"I'll be the one to give him the drug, no more questions." Meliodas demanded as all the other sins grumbled in annoyance as they stepped back. "Why do you think that you have the right to give it to her?" Gowther asked Meliodas making an irk mark appear on his forehead. "I've known him longer, thus I should be the one to give it to him." Meliodas responded though Gowther did not back down. 

"So? That doesn't mean that he trusts you." Gowther tilted his head, his question surprising Meliodas. "What?" Meliodas asked Gowther in a quiet voice, slowly turned his head to face Gowhter as they were now out of the town and into the forest. "All the time that I have been around (Y/N) not once have I sensed any times where he trusted you-"

"Shut up! (Y/N) loves me!" Meliodas yelled out in anger as he tried to hit Gowther with his sword only for the pink-haired doll to dodge it. Pushing up his glasses a small smirk spread on his face. "I don't think (Y/N) ever meant it when he said that you loved you, captain." Gowther shrugged his shoulders as he saw Meliodas' eyes glow. 

"In fact, I think that he hates you-" Dodging the attack by a mere millimeter Gowther frowned. 'That was close.' Gowther thought, feeling slight relief. 

"(Y/N) loves me! He loves me! He loves me!" Meliodas yelled out as birds flew away from him, the sun now fully up in the sky. Silence followed right after as the sins smiled at their captain's pathetic state. 

"He loves me... right...?"

(ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴅᴀʏ/ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇꜱ!)