Chapter 7

A WEEK LATER
Jason point of view
I sat in the bathroom with the door locked. I'm a fucking mess. I ran my fingers through my hair. Today is the day of the funeral and I'm not ready to see my young lifeless brother. I don't want to have that picture haunt me forever.
Knock knock
"Are you okay?" Hailey asked. I sighed. "I'm okay. Just give me a minute."
_____
The preacher had just got done and Ariana walked up on the stage. "Justin was a good loving guy. He would always teach me to keep my head high." She sniffled and stared down at her shoes. "I wrote him a song and I want to sing it for him." She wiped her tear as the music began to play.

I cried enough tears
To see my own reflection in them
And then it was clear
I can't deny, I really miss him

To think that I was wrong
I guess you don't know what you got 'till it's gone
Pain is just a consequence of love
I'm saying sorry for the sake of us

He wasn't my everything 'till we were nothing
And it's taking me a lot to say
But now that he's gone, my heart is missing something
So it's time I push my pride away

'Cause you are, you are, you are my everything
You are, you are, you are my everything

I know you're not far
But I still can't handle all the distance
You're travelling with my heart
I hope this is a temporary feeling

'Cause it's too much to bear
Without you and I know, sorry are not the cure
If I cross your mind just know I'm yours
'Cause what we got is worth fighting for

'Cause you are...

You weren't my everything 'till we were nothing
And it's taking me a lot to say
Now that you're gone, my heart is missing something
So it's time I push my pride away

You are, you are, you are my everything

I was crying by the time she finished the song. She stared down at the ground and I could tell she was crying. My mom walked on stage and wrapped her arms around Ariana. We went to mom's house to eat. To be honest, I don't know how people can laugh and eat after a funeral. I sighed and took a seat on the love couch. I felt somebody sit beside me. I turned my head to see Ariana. She stared down at her lap. "I feel like I lost everybody." She whispered. I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers. "You didn't lose me. If you ever need something I'll always be there." She smiled. She was about saying something until Hailey cut her off "there you are I-" she stopped talking and stared down at our hands. I pulled my hand away from Ariana. She gave me a glare, but smiled. Great, I'm going to have to hear about this when we go home. "Let's get a plate." She grabbed my hand and pulled me away. I turned back to Ariana and she gave me a small smile.
-----------
"Why were you holding her hand!?" Hailey yelled as I pulled out the driveway. I rolled my eyes. "She's hurting!" Hailey laughed "that means you can touch on her?" What the fuck. "You know what Hailey, you need to trust me. If you love me, you would trust me." She laughed "why should I trust you?" This time I laughed "better question, why should I trust you. I know you're cheating on me." She stayed quiet the whole way to the house.
___
I pulled out my keys to the house. Hailey took the keys from my hand and unlocked the door. She opened the door and walked into the house. I followed her in and she shut the door. "We need to talk-" she placed her finger on my lips. "It's okay." She pushed me against the door. "I want to show you that I'm sorry." She kissed my neck. I froze as she bent down and unzipped my pants. "W-what are you doing?" She smirked up at me and pulled down my Calvin Klein boxers. "You'll see." My breath hitched as she placed her lips on the tip. Fuck. I bit my lip to hold back a moan. She placed me in her mouth causing me to moan. This is wrong. As much as I didn't want to push her away I did. "What's wrong?" I pulled my briefs and pants up. "I want you out my house by 11 and pack your shit too." She stood up "w-why?" "You're a cheating whore. Go pack your shit, or I'll do it for you and you don't want me to do it." She scoffed and ran up the steps.
_______
I turned off the tv. Hailey had left an hour ago with her stuff. I can't believe I actually thought she was different. I let out a long sigh and made my way up the steps to my bedroom. I grabbed my uniform. I'm just going to work to keep my mine of things.
_______
"Domestic, 69 21st." That's Ariana apartment. I turned on my sirens and sped to the address. I arrived and hopped out. I opened up the metal door and ran into the apartment building. I ran up the steps as fast as my legs would let me. I banged on the door. "Police!" I could hear screaming. I bang harder "POLICE, OPEN THE DOOR!!" I yelled. "Leave her alone!" A female yelled, following a loud shatter. I took a step back and barged through the door. My eyes landed on the man who had a gun to a females head. "POLICE! DROP YOUR WEAPON!" I yelled.My eyes widen as I notice who that female was. Ariana. I took a step forward "lower the gun" he pressed it against her head "if you come closer I'm going to blow her head off!" He slurried. He seems drunk. "Just take it easy, calm down." I cooled. "This bitch is trying to take my wife away from me." He slurred, waving his gun around. "Let her go." I growled. He laughed and pushed Ariana to me. Ariana ran to her friend. "Go outside." I demanded. James ran into the room with his gun as they ran out the door. "Mr. Policeman wants to be a hero." He laughed. "You don't want to do this. Just put the gun down. We can talk it out." James said. "I'm going to jail anyway." He placed both of his hands on his gun and point it at me. My finger pressed the trigger and I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. We both fell on the white carpet. James ran over to me. "I'm okay. I have my vest on." I hissed as I stood up. James walked over to the guy crying in pain,holding his shoulder. James kicked his gun away as he was talking into his radio. I walked out the door to check on Ariana and her friend. She looked up from her friend and ran over placing her arms around me. "You're safe now." I said as she cried into my chest.
______
I let Ariana stay at my house for the night. She sat on the couch and just stared blankly at the tv. I decided to take the night off. "Ariana." She turned around. "We can go up if you want." She nodded and followed me up the steps. I showed her the room she would be sleeping is next to mine. I walked in my room and took off my jacket and unbutton my shirt. I hissed as I took off the vest. I pulled off my white t-shirt and examine the wound in the mirror.I'm lucky I wore my vest. A gasp caused me to turn around. Ariana ran over"are you okay!?" She softly touching the wound. "I'm okay." I grabbed her hand "the important question is are you okay?" She nodded and pulled me into a hug. "Thank you." I wrapped my arms around her petite body.
______
I hopped out of bed as I heard screaming. I ran straight to Ariana room to find her moving around on the bed. She's having a nightmare. I place my hands on her shoulder and shake her "Ariana" her eyes open and tears run down her cheeks. She leaned up and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. "You're sleeping with me." I picked her up bride style and walk over to my room. I placed her on my bed. I slid in and made sure to keep a distance between us. I laid awake until she fell asleep. I turned away from and fell into a deep sleep.
_______