Surprise!

Y/N POV

Loki and I decided to take the shortcut back to the compound which went through Central Park. As we passed a familiar gazebo, Loki used his powers to play music and have floating candles. 

"Shall we?" he asked. giving me deja vu to our date we had when we spent the night in a hotel downtown and walked through the park after having a fancy dinner.

He played one of our favorite songs, It's been a long long time, as we waltzed back and forth romanticly. "It feels like yesterday that we just met," I say as I rest my head on his chest.

He quietly laughs remembering our first interaction, "I recall how we spent all night in the living room debating the best literature," he reminisces.

I start to sing along to the chorus of the song before noticing something. "You know I have never heard you sing," I tell him.

Before I know it we are duetting to the chorus of Harry James' song. Loki twirls me around leaving my back against his chest with his arm around my waist. Might I say, is there anything this man cannot do?

As the song wraps up we decide to finish the scavenger hunt, even though we are just taking our time at this point. Loki teleports us into the stairwell outside of the roof which is where we first met. "I believe this should be the last stop of the night," Loki says as he opens the door.

I walk onto the modern rooftop and look around amazed at the elaborate setup. "Wow. Wanda and Nat really went all out for the final pit stop," I think out loud. Why would they put all of this up?

Scattered around the roof were strung-up pixie lights, pale purple and cream lavender buds (my favorite flower), and subtle candles that made a path to a round circle covered in the lavender buds and the lights. "I think the last clue would be in that circle," Loki says as we walk through the path hand in hand.

"That's weird, I don't see anything," I say as I look around, still amazed at the elaborate decoration.

"Y/N Barnes, from the first day I met you I knew you were going to be something special in my life" Loki says as he holds both of my hands in his. "You have done nothing but help me become a better individual in all ways imaginable. You saw what no one else saw in me, potential. We have been through so many highs and lows that I have lost track. But the one thing that stays consistent is our love for each other." He tells me whilst looking into my eyes. As he lowers onto one knee, my breathe hitches and I put a hand to my mouth. "Even though I do not know what the future holds for us, I know I wish to spend the rest of eternity by your side. So Y/N Barnes, will you marry me?" He asks.

I am in complete shell shock at this point until I start to nod my head and say, "Yes!"

He places a beautiful ring on my left hand and gets up to give me a kiss filled with nothing other than love and hope. I look down at the ring and see a gold band with a diamond in the middle of it. The diamond holds rainbow specks inside of it. "My mother created this ring long ago. When we went to Asgard I asked her for the ring," He tells me. "Ever since I was young on Asgard she would show me this ring saying how someday you will give this ring to the person you love most. Thor is in line for Odin's family ring." Loki says.

"This is all so beautiful Loki. Thank you. I love you so much," I tell him as I put my arms around his neck and pull him in for a hug.

"You deserve the world and more darling," he tells me as he gives me another kiss.

After we spend some more time on the roof admiring the view in the romantic scenery, we head down to the living area where the rest of the team would be. It is dark when we walk in which causes me to get into a fighting stance until we hear a loud, "Congratulations!!!" being yelled from the entire team.

Wanda and Nat run over to me demanding to see the ring. I show them it and they both swoon over its beauty. I look over and see Tony, Steve, and Bucky shaking hands with Loki threatening him for the thousandth time. 

Thor gives me a hug congratulating me before he goes over to Loki and gives him a hug. I laugh at Loki's reaction knowing that he doesn't want to ruin his tough reputation by showing affection with someone other than me. But secretly I know he appreciated the affection from his brother.

Bucky and Steve come over to me, "As I said before, you will always be my little sister," Bucky says as he gives me a hug.

"Who would have thought that Y/N Barnes would be settling down," Steve teases me as he ruffles my hair.

"Ya ok, haha so funny you guys." I tease while chuckling, "Thanks for your guys' support," I say.

Tony comes over to give me a hug and then the whole team goes over to the couches to catch up. "Ok, so who knew about his before I did?" I ask. Because everyone knows I hate it when people withhold information from me.

I look around and see the entire team slowly raise their hands while avoiding my eye contact. I was about to lecture them until Loki holds my hand and tells me how "I told them all darling, I asked Bucky permission for your hand and I told Thor to help distract you while we were on Asgard. Tony, Nat, Steve, and Wanda knew because I asked them how you always wanted to be proposed to. And you know the team, the word spreads." He says. "That was part of the motivation to have a scavenger hunt so I could set it up while everyone was doing the hunt. I wasn't aware however of this surprise party," He says while looking at the team.

"Well my bad for wanting to celebrate," Tony says defensively, "Anyways, who wants to have some drinks and play a game?" He asks the group.

We all hesitently agree to play, let's see how this goes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

YAY! Also, I am still in shock over the last episode of Loki. Now we have to wait until 2023 for season 2.