Chapter 6: Week of Helplessness

3rd PERSON'S POV:

       The search for Himari is still ongoing. The parents and coaches helped notifying the neighborhood and the places around about the horrifying incident. Himari's mom never stopped finding her daughter; she's giving her all. She took an emergency leave at her work since she can't just sit there working while her daughter is suffering. Thankfully, her superior understood the situation and said to be willing to lend his hand; to which, Himari's mother accepted as she was utterly desperate. Nothing can compare to a mother's misery and desperate plea for her child. 

       The coaches can't be in any case better. They are scared for their student. Out of all the things that had happened during their years of expertise in their profession; this is the most tragic of all. They thought that if a skater or anyone in their team can't skate, it is tragic. No one knew that this is the real terrifying thing that happened rather than a broken bone in sports. 

   Out of all the coaches, Coach Nanami is the most exasperated and worried. Although, being a coach needs professional connection with a student and not a personal one; she can't deny that she treats her students like her own child. Especially Yuzuru and Himari; though she just recently joined the team, she's certain that she created a special bond with the kid. This specific bond started when she noticed the fire in Himari's eyes when she was Challenged by the other kids. 

    The Hanyu family also gave their best to help about this case. Though, for now, they can't really do much but to wait for the news that the police and investigation team would give them. They visit the Miyamoto residence everyday in hopes of the good news, to their dismay, nothing came. They can't do anything but to comfort and assure Himari's mother that everything will end up fine. 

         Yuzuru, however, is sent to the hospital because his asthma continued to make his lungs suffer. It's not the way he got tired when he fought the men that attacked him that causes the asthma attack. It is the way his emotions are killing him; the way he remembers Himari telling him to run, and run he did. All he did is run, he wondered if Himari resents him. After all, all he did was to hurt her with words before; and now he got her in to the danger's way. The next two days of Himari missing was spent of him crying in the hospital nonstop. He refused to eat and he even tried to avoid his medicines. The following days, he couldn't cry anymore for there is nothing left of his tears. By this time he was forcefully fed by his parents. That day, they got outside the hospital for his lungs finally coped and his attacks stopped. 

    He spent another day in their home trying to calm himself down. The coaches gave him enough time to rest before they can proceed to training again. Now, he remembered how Coach Nanami's eyes looked like when she visited him in the hospital. Her eyes are so dull and seemed to have lost their natural glimmer. He can tell that they are worried too. He wondered how the coached can continue to train the other students while coping such tragic happening. The coaches are strong; he needs to be strong too so he can fight. He decided to come back to training that afternoon; after all, this might help him take his mind off of Himari and what he owe to her. 

There came Alex though, his eyes showing anger and worry. Worry for what could possibly happen to his best friend and anger towards the boy who pushed Himari to danger. It's almost a week since the accident happened, who knows as to what those men do to her. Although, he wanted to be positive and hope for the best; he can't avoid the fact that Himari could could have faced her demise long ago.

---

Meanwhile... on the other side of the town...

       Himari was held captive by a group. There sat a group of kids crying in the corner; they were obviously kidnapped too. No they are not tied up; they were just locked in a room with a heavy security waiting outside. She tried to talk with most of them, trying to know what happened to them or how they got here. Those who are still mentally stable answered her, to others, to her dismay, just kept their silence and sat their stupefied. Her tears wanted to burst out, she still kept them though. She knows that crying won't help any of them out. In fact, it will only drain her out of strength. 

--

It has been three full days since she was taken from Yuzuru and away from her family.  She's so tired from all of this. She's tired of thinking on how they can possibly have their freedom with the other children; or if they will ever it. 

Aside of her situation, she's also thinking of Yuzuru. Did he succeeded in protecting himself and running away? or was he sent in the other hideout that these horrible men kept on talking about? 

Her mom, she can imagine how worried she is. They probably alerted the police or something. These kids, their parents must be losing their brains trying to find them. When I asked one of the oldest here with us; he said that some of the kids that are kidnapped earlier were sent somewhere, either for their organs or underground auctions.

At this point, she no longer cared about the upcoming competition; whether she can participate or even attend, all she think about is how to survive. 

If you don't follow their rules and requests, they will beat you. If you are loud and very talkative they will beat you. If they somehow sense that someone is planning to rebel, they'll beat you. They gave every kid a meal at least once a day, it's just leftovers really, you will actually think multiple times to eat it. Though, anyone doesn't have a choice so they do eat anyways.

----

"Is there anyone who survived this or rebelled successfully?" she asked the Kana, the second oldest. "I don't know, maybe there is? I came here 2 weeks ago; most of the kids are transported to the other hideout after 15 full days of being held captive. That's why I don't know much about it." Kana replied. "That's what happened to the oldest of us then? She was sent out after fifteen days." "yes, that's what happened". Himari kept on asking about these things, after all, she doesn't know when she'll get another chance to know more things.

"Oi, You two in the corner!!" said the man patrolling outside. The man came to us as Kana cowered in fear. She knows what's gonna happen. They're going to be beaten again.

---

A/N:

I want to apologize if I somehow got anything wrong in the spelling or grammar. This is an emergency update since I haven't posted in a while, in short this is rushed. 

For those who still reads this, thank you.

If you somehow like a chapter, please don't hesitate to vote, comment and add this to your library. Thanks