Traitor- S.R

You walked into the BAU unit, a smile on your face as you strolled through. "Hey Garcia." You say, she smiles but realizes causing her eyes to widen. "Hey Y/N." She says nervously causing you to raise a brow. "What happened?" You question. You haven't heard from Spencer, your boyfriend for a few weeks which worried you. "Nothing! Why would you assume something happened?" Garcia questions causing you to smile. "You always play with your nails when you're nervous." You say causing her to mutter. You weren't a profiler, you actually met Spencer at a bookstore, from then you left notes in a book, writing to each other.

"Fine, come on." She says grabbing your hand and dragging you outside. She brings you to her car and you get inside. She starts driving, you asking many questions, but Garcia not answering. She pulls up to the prison, you raising a brow. "Why are we here?" You question as you unbuckle your seatbelt. "Come on." Garcia says leading you into the prison. You walked with Garcia, signing some papers, eventually sitting in front of an empty chair.

You waited five more minutes, Spencer eventually coming out, a blue prison uniform on, a guilty look in his eyes. "Spence." You say as he sits down. "Hey Y/N." He says causing you to smile. "What happened?" You question, holding the black phone against your ear. "This is a long story." Spencer says as he starts to explain. He explained everything, Nadine, getting drugged, and Cat Adams, Cat fucking Adams.

"I'm so sorry-" Spencer says but you stand up, slamming the phone onto the rack. "Y/N!" Spencer shouts after you, but you just ignore him and walk back to your used to be shared flat. You were out of town for a few weeks, your sister was sick so you went to visit her. You walked in and started packing all of your stuff.

"Brown guilty eyes and, little white lies."

You let tears fall down your face as you thought back. You should have known, you felt like an idiot. Grabbing your books off the shelf and packing them away. 

"Yeah I played dumb but I always knew. That you talked to her, maybe did even worse. I kept quiet so I could keep you."

You zipped up the final bag and wiped the stray tears down your face. You grabbed a note, knowing Spencer would be out soon. 'Hey Spencer. By the time you read this I'm already going to be gone. I'm not even going to explain to you how I'm feeling right now, you can figure that out yourself. I really never expected this from you, but I can't do this.' Once you finished it you put it on the counter and walked out, leaving your key on the counter. 

"And ain't it funny? How you ran to her, the second that we called it quits."

It was a week later, Spencer was let out and he was re-reading the note over and over. He felt stupid, he broke the one woman's heart that was always there, and now...she was never coming back. His apartment was a wreck, and so was he.

"And ain't it funny? How you said you were friends? Now it sure as hell don't look like it."

You were walking down the street, it just rained and it was night. You had been staying with your cousin who lived in Quantico. "Y/N!" You heard someone shout causing you to turn. "Go away Spencer." You say sternly. "Just let me explain." Spencer says causing you to turn. "Explain what?" You question. 

"You betrayed me!" You exclaim. "My sister was sick! I trusted you for so long and this is what you do." You say as you run a hand through your hair. "Were you ever going to tell me?" You question. "What?" Spencer questions. "I didn't fucking stutter. Were you ever going to tell me?" You question. Spencer looks right into your eyes, then right back down. "No." Spencer says causing you to scoff out a laugh. "I'm done." You say shoving past him. 

"Y/N-" "Don't! Don't you dare forget about this. I loved you for so long." You say, tears spilling from your eyes. Your throat clenching up as you swallowed the urge to cry. You couldn't, you wouldn't allow Spencer to know he still had this effect on you, you couldn't let him know you still loved him. 

Spencer's heart shattered, and stomach dropped as he heard those words leave your lips. 'loved' "I trusted you." You say as you walk away. That was how Spencer ended up there, standing alone in the dark, a broken heart.

Song: Traitor by Olivia Rodrigo