006┆chapter six

CHASING CARS

CHASING CARS

six.       2:00 a.m.

▬▬ COFFEE IN HAND, Cassie drove to the Black residence; she and guys were meeting up to plan Friendsgiving ― it was another tradition of theirs. It was possibly one of her favorites, despite the fact that almost none of them could actually cook.

She hummed as she put the truck in park and pulled the key from the ignition. She opened the door and jumped out, her shoes hitting the mud but she didn't seem to care too much as she took a sip of her coffee and made her way towards the ramp. Before she even reached the house the door was pulled open and Jacob smiled at her ― he always knew when she pulled up because her truck was rather loud.

"We're still waiting on Quil." He told her as he stepped to the side to let her in and she let out a small laugh as she shook her head.

"We should start without him." Embry stated as the other two joined him in the living room ― Cassie sat next to him on the couch while Jake sat in the chair. "We should make sure he gets the worst-"

"I'm here!" Quil ran in, his face flushed and his breathing heavy. "Sorry, I woke up late then I had to help my mom, but I'm here."

"About time." Embry huffed and Cassie punched his shoulder. "Ow!" He gave her a wide-eyed look as he rubbed his shoulder.

"It's alright." She smiled up at the boy. "I just got here, too."

"Really?" He questioned as he sat next to her, putting her between him and Embry. "You're usually the first one here. What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She shook her head before taking a sip of her coffee but all three boys could tell that she was lying. "So, let's get this sorted out, we only got a couple of weeks."

"Okay." Jacob nodded, but he gave the girl a worried look ― she had been acting weird the past few months. She drank more coffee, she was late, she forgot their plans to meet up a few times, she looked tired all the time and she had almost never shot a comeback at one of the boys. They were all worried.