Sore Bodies & Injuries

They were, actually, not that far.

Not long after Blossom and Brick landed in the pool, Boomer and Bubbles plummeted right into the heart of Megaville Park, crashing through branches and branches of the trees, before landing straight onto a thick leafy bush, cushioning their fall somewhat.

For a moment, surrounded by twigs and leaves, Boomer and Bubbles lay side-by-side on the moss-carpeted ground, breathless and sore from the crash. Their blue eyes stared up into the skies, made visible through the hole they made in the forest canopy.

"Boomer..." Bubbles wheezed. "Where are we..?"

"I don't know..." Boomer gasped.

Slowly, he sat up, and became instantly aware of the pain in his back, and the terrible ache in his legs. Although he'd felt pain before, its presence still startled him. He couldn't count on his fingers how many times, during missions, that he crashed into buildings, the ground, even several feet of concrete, and the most he'd felt was just a slight bother that wasn't noticeable.

When he stood, his legs immediately complained, and he staggered a little before finding support in a tree.

Aftera few seconds of assessing himself and walking a little back and forth, Boomerdecided that aside from the soreness of breaking through the trees, herelatively hadn't gotten injured. I guess it was a good thing, that Bubbles and I were a little over twenty feet from the ground.

Bubbles sat up as well, and also felt the aching and pain. She didn't know why, but something just felt... wrong. Like staring at the ceiling and thinking you were missing something, but no matter how hard you thought, you couldn't remember it.

Boomer seemed to notice that Bubbles wasn't getting up, and tottered over, offering her a hand of help.

MaybeI'm just overthinking things, Bubbles assured herself, accepting his hand and getting up from her position. The second she was back on her feet, Bubbles felt the sharp pain lace up her leg, and she staggered, before collapsing onto her knees.

"Bubbles?"

"M-My leg," she said through her teeth. "My ankle, it hurts..."

"It what?"

"It hurts; I can't stand on it."

Curious, Boomer knelt down and started to gently probe the lower area of the leg she pointed at. The second he pressed down on a certain spot, she squealed sharply.

Boomer had a perplexed look on his face, and gave it another press, which elicited just the same reaction. "You think it might be broken?"

"From a fall?" Bubbles was appalled. "But I've fallen from higher, and with stronger force! What about you?"

"I feel fine. Sore, but fine."

"So how?"

Boomer wasn't all too sure himself. As he thought of it, he glanced down at his hand, and realized then that his palm was all scratched and bloody. It took him a few seconds to remember that when he crashed through the trees, he'd grabbed something, and it must've been a branch, considering the amount of damage .

What really struck him was how hurt his hand was. If he'd just grabbed a branch, it shouldn't have been this injured.

But for now, he decided not to worry about it. Bubbles was still sitting with what could possibly be a broken ankle, and they were in the middle of the forest of Megaville Park. 

I should make sure her leg doesn't move, he figured. I don't want to make the fracture worse.

Kneeling down to her, he hefted her up into his arms, careful to make sure her ankle wasn't being bothered. Although his hand stung a bit, the pain felt like a mere trifle compared to what he had to deal with.

Surprisingly, Bubbles had a bit of weight to her, despite his super strength. She wasn't heavy to the point that she was hard to carry, but gravity was definitely playing its part on her.

"Where do you think everyone else is?" Boomer wondered, looking around.

"I don't know," Bubbles murmured. "But it's weird. I wonder if everyone else is alright."

================================================================================

I know this one's a bit late, but here it is. I'm still thinking of a cover, but I'll figure that out soon enough.  I'm happy, though, that people are reading this and may actually be interested in this fanfiction. (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ

Hopefully, people will continue to read this, and once I've gotten a cover on it, maybe even more. ◕‿◕

Also, not to sound crude, but when I Googled whether or not I could die from twenty feet up, the first search result was Suicide Hotline... So yeah, just something I wanted to share.

Links:

My Blog:

blackandwhitepersona.wixsite.com/penandink

My DeviantArt:

www.deviantart.com/bwpersona

- BlackAndWhitePersona