CHAPTER 5

Why was I even thinking about this boy? He didn't matter to me at all, or it seemed like it. And all I know is that he is probably sleeping while I'm here awake, sitting up, thinking about my pathetic useless feelings! 'What have I turned into..' though since it's 2am, just 2 more days till he gets the biggest 17 birthday surprise. There's so much more to come forward to. "I just can't sleep!" I yell but not too loud. "And neither can I," a voice outside my tent said. The tent flaps open and it was just Popee. I was in such confusion but I didn't do anything in that moment. He sat next to me just there, staring at the floor. He wasn't wearing his outfit as usual. Just a white oversized shirt and I guess, boxers. I didn't know what to say and do. I wanted to say something in fact, but what? It was really awkward till he said something. "Why have you been so kind to me?" He says quietly. I turn to him and he turns to me. Not the eyes again! Why were they so mesmerizing,? They just were beautiful, perfect, dreamy- snap out of it!! "Oh-uh well, why not? I've always been nice in my life. Never that mean." I looked away and didn't know what to do. I felt my cheeks becoming hotter by the second(s). "Well, I better get going to my tent again." he stands up and looks back at me. "Thanks," he smiles and oh boy did I feel so many butterflies run through me.! I couldn't move at all and I didn't blink any moment. I couldn't think straight and just not do anything. I went back to bed in surprise-ness on what happened.

                                                           { TIME SKIP }
I was just talking with Popee and Kedamono then when Papi tapped my shoulder. "Hey Y/N! This goes for all of you but, I decided to make the first ever performance today!" In my mind I was like, 'What the fuck. We haven't even practiced yet!!' but yet again, I have to keep calm. Well, someone wasn't.

                                                            { POPEES POV }
Today?! First ever performance?! Who was this sun gay ass kidding with?! "No! Not today, we are not ready at all!!" I yell. "Well it's for your own guys good," he shrugs. I stood up from my seat and started arguing with him. This man was out of his mind, how come today?!

{ READERS POV }
Popee and Papi were arguing while I was concerned here with Keda. I couldn't stand it so I stood up and tried breaking the argument. "Stop arguing, we will do it today sir." I said. Popee looked at me furiously. Right when he was about to say something, I stopped him from saying something else. "Excellent! See Popee, be more respectful with the choices like Y/N." He then walked away while I let Popee speak now, "Y/N!! You son of a bitch! Why did you do that?!" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "It was the only thing to do. Now let's get ready-" "NO! I'm not doing it!" I had to drag Popee like a child who wanted something but he couldn't get it. Well, that's sort of what he felt like. "Now let's practice with the short amount of time we have." I say strictly. He rolled his eyes and started practicing while I did the same. On my mind was my thoughts and feelings for him, the surprise and the performance. 'How did I get stuck here,' I thought.

OKAY HERES SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND: Kedamono does act as well but he isn't like described much in this part yk 👶🏻
{ TIME SKIP AGAIN }
(Backstage btw) It was officially the time for the performance. Gosh was I so scared but still excited. I heard the audience talking, cheering, laughing and it was just so overwhelming a bit. "Whatever you do, don't mess up." Popee said from behind. 'Now that was hot.' I had to admit it, really. "Got it!" I said excitedly. The lights dim and turn back on when Papi comes out. All I hear is a greeting to everyone that he's giving. I couldn't wait! Since we had some young audiences, we weren't doing dangerous acts like juggling knives or aiming a knife to a apple. The curtains were being opened up and that's when we came out. We waved and cheered along with the crowd and got started right away. My thoughts were everywhere while doing those tricks. So much was on my mind. I looked at Popee and for a split second, our eyes locked together. I looked away quickly and focused on my juggling.

For our first time, it was pretty good! I felt really excited with glee. All the kids that were there to watch us were coming up to us. "Wow you were so cool!" "Can you teach me tricks?" "I wanna be like you guys!" I didn't know what to do. All of this was amazing and pleading but, I felt dizzy. I waved bye to everyone as I looked at Popee again. He turns back and looks at me as well. "You did amazing Popee! As well as Kedamono, it was surprising!!" I exclaimed. "Thanks Y/N! You also did a amazing job out there!" Said Kedamono. Popee just smiled but it looked like he was exhausted. I felt bad, planned on the same day? That was pretty harsh. I walked to my tent with everyone and we went right to bed. My mind was on tomorrow, how was I gonna go to the town to buy everything? What should I do? With all the exhaustion and overthinking, I didn't realize that I fell asleep with my clothes on still. At least I can be proud of myself for once.

~ 986 words ~