05 - Let Go

Let go

I immediately left my work when I received a text message from my long-time boyfriend, that he wants to break up with me.

"Love please don't leave me. Don't do this to me," I begged while holding his arm tightly.

"I'm sorry joy, but I really don't want to stay anymore..." he said as he slowly removed my hand.

I shook my head and begged more.

"Please let's talk about this." I insisted while crying.

"Joy please, stop! Just accept the fact that this relationship will no longer work. We've already tried several times but our relationship hasn't really worked, please let me go," he pleaded and it makes my heart break into tiny pieces.

"B-But I still love you. I love you so much, please... let's try one more time," I kept on saying as I suddenly hugged him. But he just removed it as if I was nothing to him as he walked away from me.

I stared at him intently trying to read him but he just lowered his gaze.

"I'm sorry but I don't love you anymore..."

I was stunned for a moment because of his painful words. Yet, I seemed so dump not minding it.

"N-No! That's not true! Y-You're just kidding right?"

"I'm not kidding joy, I don't really love you anymore. I don't know when it started, I just realized one day that you are no longer the person I am looking for," he said seriously as he looked up and stared intently at me.

And there I saw in his eyes that he was not lying, he was telling the truth. But I still don't want to accept it.

"N-No! I know you still love me. I just lost time with you, so you're just making excuses." I still insisted

"I'm not kidding. I-I love someone else." He said in a lower voice.

"W-What? And who is she?" I asked while stuttering.

"Y-Your sister..." He answered immediately

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵? 𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳? 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦?

"H-How did that happen?" I even managed to ask but I still couldn't believe it.

"I also don't know. I-I just felt one day, that I was so happy every time I saw your sister and-"

My heart skipped a bit.

"O-Okay, I now get it. Y-You can leave now..." I said weakly, giving what he wanted and letting go of the person I was ready to spend the rest of my life with.

After my words, I didn't hear anything from him anymore so I suddenly turned my back on him. And my tears slowly rolled down my cheeks and trying to strengthen my knees to step away from the person I dearly love.

Maybe that was enough reason to let him go

For my sister to be happy too

I don't want to be a hindrance to them if they really love each other.

Because my sister is now suffering from heart disease.