Y. Junpei | Lunch savior

ʷᵃʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ : ᵐᵉⁿᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵘˡˡʸⁱⁿᵍ

He didn't exactly know how to defend himself. He was weak. Both mentally and psychically. He had no friends except his mother who tried her best to cheer him up but unfortunately, it only does a small portion for him.

Until he met you.

You recently transferred to a new school after being expelled from your last one after beating up a whole gang inside the school campus which of course was against the rules. Not only you were caught beating people up but also students who gave you weird stares started a rumour in which you were caught by one of the students smoking behind the school and even tried to fight a teacher. Because of that, the school faculty had no other choice but to kick you out.

You were walking in the hallway, students looking at you as you grit your teeth, an irk mark appearing on your forehead and yelled at them. "Fuck y'all lookin' at?" You hissed at them which made them scatter away - blinking their eyes away from you as you click your tongue before resuming your walk to class.

Then some student was pushed in your way.

"I- I'm sorry-! I didn't mean to-" He was a stuttering mess, not letting you speak a word as he kept apologizing, your pissed-off look faded from your face, being replaced by a smile, and a laugh escaped your lips. "You pussy- Watch your step next time." He nodded his head, looking down and you placed your hand on his head, ruffling the boy's hair before walking away, shoving your hands into your pockets. 'What a scare-dy cat.' You thought to yourself and went to the guidance counsellor.

After the counsellor told you every single rule that made you huff you were finally free, now heading to your class and stepping inside, interrupting them, making the teacher groan. "Why are you late—" He looked up from his book, fixing his glasses and his mouth shaped into an o. "Oh, you must be the new student, am I correct? Please take the empty seat at the back of the class." You looked over, walking towards the empty chair and saw the same boy sitting next to the empty chair, looking out at the window. You sat down, placing your bag aside and propped an elbow on your desk, placing your chin on the top of your palm and let out a sigh, wishing that all you had to do was listen to the teacher and do nothing else.

After two hours of class, they finally dismissed everyone for a lunch break and you stood up, walking out of the class first and decided to go straight to your locker but before that, you turned your head over your shoulder, seeing the same boy once again but three other guys were surrounding him, grinning at his weak form.

His face defined the word "uncomfortable". Thinking they were just friends teasing him, you walked away and went to your locker.

You were trying to find a seat to sit in, looking around with your lunchbox in your hand as you walk around the school, looking for a quiet and lonely place and thought about going behind the school since usually, students don't go there but instead sit with other students and communicate.

You let out a hum, walking down the hallway and walking behind the school, hearing faint laughing noises that made you suspicious, especially you heard the familiar sound of kicking and punching along with a girl giggling and the sound of a camera clicking.

When you finally made it to the back, your eyebrows furrowed, seeing the same boy once again that had bumped into you, now on his knees, his hands protecting his head - surrounded by the three guys from earlier as they kick him in the face, one of them smoking a cigarette.

Having no defence for his own - he sat there miserable. No hero to come save him in his pathetic moment and you place your lunchbox on the ground, gritting your teeth at the sight of the four picking on someone weaker than them.

They were the pathetic ones.

No, seriously imagine picking on the weak? Something you would never do.

"Oi."

You call out and they all look at you and you take a step closer.

It took them a second what was going on before they all burst into laughter except for the half-beaten student on the ground, staring at you with concern - almost begging you with his eyes not to interfere and not to get hurt.

"Trying to act tough, huh?" One of them pointed a finger at you as the girl focused her camera on your figure, causing an irk mark to grow on your forehead. He approached you, standing right in front of you and leaned close to your face, a smirk growing on his face. "Wanna hang out sometimes—"

Cutting him off, you clenched your hands into fists, punching him hard on his cheek causing him to fall sideways as you lift your leg and kicked him in his stomach.

The other three must have gotten threatened but refused to run away, deciding to lunge at you except for the girl who recorded.

They swung a punch but you dodged one of them, using your foot to kick one of them in the stomach and grab the other one's hair before kneeing him in the face, throwing him to the ground and stepping onto his face.

Getting up - the guy attempted to kick you and you grabbed his leg, gripping it tightly before swinging him into the wall as the other got up too.

Using both of your fists, you dodged his first punch before striking twice into his face then using your leg to kick him in the shin - knocking him out before heading for the girl who recorded everything.

She gasped, aiming to run away but your hand grabbed her hair, pulling her back then you grabbed her phone before stomping hard enough to break it.

She screamed at you and you irked at her, "You wanna fight too? I don't mind beating girls who think they're above everyone else." She stares at you with a horrified face before scramming away.

You let out a sigh - walking to the boy who was already standing, staring at you with widened eyes.

"Thank you. . ."

You scoffed at him then turned your back on him, grabbed your lunchbox on the ground and started to walk away.

You side-eyed him for a second, mentally chuckling at the sight of him flabbergasted at what just happened and you called out for him.

"Are ya' gonna keep standing there? Get over here."

He hurried behind you, mumbling an apology and you roll your eyes at him. "You should learn how to defend yourself. I won't be here for ya next time this shit happens so take some taekwondo class or something."

He nods his head, quietly following behind and you asked him a question, "Say, what's your name?"

"J- Junpei. . ."

"You already know my name so come on, where's your lunchbox at? They stole it or what?"

Another nod and you let out a disappointed sigh, eyeing his skinny figure as you shove your lunchbox into his hands. "Eat this, shove it into your goddamned mouth and get some muscles. Shit, I nearly thought you were a broom earlier." He tries to give it back but you were already walking away with your back turned to him.

He feels a blush creeping into his face as he stares down at your lunchbox with a small smile forming on his face before looking back up at your back.

"Thank you!"

You chuckled at him as you wave your arm whilst walking.