iv. stop callin', stop callin'

( 🧊🪱💭 ) GREEK GOD!
### ━━ DEVIN A. BOOKER
IV. STOP CALLIN', STOP CALLIN'

 STOP CALLIN', STOP CALLIN'

ˏˋ°•*

MAEVIS SENA SONG
📍PHILADELPHIA, PA.
March 22st, 2021

YOU'D THINK WHILE BEING IN A NEARLY YEAR LONG RELATIONSHIP with a professional basketball would mean that Maevis knew at least a little bit about the sport. But if Maevis was being completely honest, the only thing she really knew was the fact they had to put the ball in the basket, and reversibly, stop the other team from putting the ball in their basket.

Could you really blame her, though? Maevis grew up on pianos and trumpets, calculus and chemistry, and how to bend mental to make rings; the last thing she had time for were sports.

Though, being surrounded by Ben and his teammates meant that she had learned at least a little bit about the game. She knew who was who and all the legends like Jordan and Kareem. She was somewhat knowledgeable, but she was still a casual, and it probably would stay that way, especially since she's been wronged by two players already.

But a perk Maevis would miss is the free tickets that came along with dating Ben. But if that meant the fact he was sleeping with Lydia, then the tickets were definitely not worth her time. But yet, here she is, all glitz and glammed, seated in the front row, forty minutes before his game.

Maevis knew a little bit about revenge. She dressed herself in high-waisted flare jeans and a burgundy-shaded lace top which she knew was his favourite. If she was going to break up with him, she'd want to look unforgettable.

Maevis's phone rings twice. She notices it was the number she'd dial before. She hurries off into a hallway, looking for privacy. She swings the door open into one of the changing rooms. There were no other rooms in close enough proximity without sending the call to voicemail, and plus, all the players were already warming up outside. Maevis thought there was virtually no risk in entering what she thought was an empty locker room.

Once in the empty locker room, she answers the call.

"Hello, this is Laura Kepner reporting for TMZ. We recently received your tip about the basketball player Ben Simmons, is that correct?" the lady over the phone inquiry, sounding a little too friendly.

"Hi. Yeah, that is correct," Maevis answers monotonously.

"Alright, okay," Maevis hears a shuffling of papers as the lady speaks. "Lately over here we've been getting false tips more recently and we just wanted to ensure that your tip is reliable."