Chapter 1 : Gates

Gates

Bridges between dimensions.

These Gates just popped into existence one day, no warning or foretolds, soon after that, Monsters, all shapes and sizes poured out of them like a virus infecting the body. They held no weaknesses, even our mighty modern conventions, Tanks, Missiles or anything can't kill them. 

In the beginning, it was a losing battle on humanity's side, the Gates are metaphysical and could not simply be boarded up or blocked. The only way to close those gates permanently was to enter these otherworldly doorways, pass the dangers of the gates and find and kill the "Boss". However while it sounds easy enough, there is a good reason why they're called boss, a single one was powerful enough to tear apart soldiers or squads to shreds, some can single handedly wipe out an army or at least, that was estimated. Bosses never left the Gates, only the low foot soldiers were more than enough to cause mankind to suffer and live in fear.

Cities were lost, abandoned, Monsters running rampant, Government are in disarray, the public on the verge of total anarchy, civilian dying left and right...

But then... something happened...

People began awakening something within themselves, their unique abilities, hunting down specifically those monsters that have been terrorizing the world, they would later be known as Hunters by the public. Divided into categories that dealt with all different kinds of monsters, ranging from E,D,C,B and A. With S being the highest and rarest rank in the whole world.

There are six categories that divide the Hunters from different classes, each category focuses on one main goal depending on their class, these are: 

Fighter - Possibly the most common class, they specialize mainly in close-range combat that dealt high damage, as well as descent defense stats, albeit weaker than Tanker. Commonly they use archaic melee weapons such as Swords, axes and sometimes even their own fists. As well as descent size Stamina compared to Mage and Healers.

Mage - One of the various hunter classes that awakened humans are categorized into, this class is most versatile and are capable of elemental spells, enact curses and call forth spirits to fight for them. Mage Class Hunters are powerful and are able to kill multiple enemies with their long-range abilities. However, they are known to have very low defense similar to Healers.

Assassin - Swift and agile, able to quickly attack their opponents multiple times at blinding speed. Due to their speed, it makes them hard to catch by members in other classes. Mages especially are at a disadvantage against them due to the time required to cast their spells.

Tanker - A literal Power house, mainly focusing in high physical and magical defense as well as offense, Tanker are tasked in attracting and distracting enemies  while the damage dealers perform their role. They are physically strong and as durable if-not, more so than Fighters. They are however slow to boot but strong.

Ranger - Specialize in using long-range to attack magic beasts. However, the people in this class specialize in physical attacks unlike their more magical counterpart Mages. Bows, crossbows and all kinds of bolt weaponry are their weapon of choice and often support the raid team by covering their allies' blind spots, they are more precise in their methods of inflicting high levels of damage to the enemies.

Healer - A healer is the only class that does not have perform on the frontline. Healers only serve as support, and due to the ill defence, they heavily rely on other classes  to protect them. There are considerable gaps between the abilities of healers, with A-Rank Healers being able to completely heal lost limbs and internal organs like flesh tissue, blood, and bones while S-Rank are capable of healing complete bodies and bring back Hunters from the brink of death in seconds. However, if the person has already died, healers cannot bring back the dead.

It should be noted that only S-rank Healers have the capability of operating on the frontline.

Each of these classes have their advantages, and weakness, therefore many tend to make a party, or Raid team to fill the gaps of weakness up and come out unscathed or with minimum casualties. Of course, anything can happen in a dungeon, therefore sometimes they might not be lucky at all.

Because of the ranking system today, there has been heavy competition between ranks comparing, even amongst friends this system can cause the relationship to break. when the time of their sudden awakening come, since this worlds is measuring purely on Strength itself. 

The Strong survive, the Weak perish.

Which is why the lower the rank of a Hunter is, the lower they're looked down by the public, they barely get any income to maintain their daily needs, let alone buying weapons to protect themselves, especially those such as Tankers who need equipments to be efficient and effective.

Otherwise, they're all just Dead weight.

And who wants Dead Weight with them?

So what happens when an otherworldly being who shouldn't be here, is here anyways.

Why is he here?

And what afflictions he has with the System?

And WHY THE HELL AM I PART OF THIS SYSTEM?!! DAMN YOU &%$&*$! DAMN YOU TO THE PITS OF NARAKA! 

(Hey Guys, so as you can see, this is clearly a fanfic for one of my favorite webcomic: "Solo Leveling". I highly recommend you guy checking it out online as this fanfic contains spoilers for the Webcomic before you guys read it. 

The OC has a name, and it will be revealed next chapter when Jin Woo was accepted as a Player. The Reader is a entity that somehow become part of the system when he entered this universe. He has no choice but to cooperate with Jin Woo to figure out how to leave the System, and why is he a part of the system. The reader will be Jin Woo's combat buddy, Jin Woo is already a monster himself when he become the Shadow Monarch, so how about a second entity who is similar to Jin Woo's strength? 

Then it would be the "Nightmare Duo" (I like that name :) )

Anyway, please give any remarks on this fanfic, I will update this as soon as I'm sparing time.)

Exothermia left the server