ⲤⲎⲀⲢⲦⲈꞄ 7

"I MEANT IT WHEN I SAID YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL"

Milo looked up a the women, carefully listening to her words, knowing they could be the last ones he'd hear

"You must understand that what you saw was highly confidential. You mustn't speak a word of it to anyone. This is for your safety and exposing that may jeopardise that"

Milo's lip curled.

"Am I meant to believe that shit? You killed Otis! That's not protecting us, that experimenting! That's murder!", Milo scoffed.

"You misunderstand, we've had our eyes on Otis long before you woke up. He was getting too close. Too close to revealing the truth and putting everyone in danger. He was a risk to himself and others. It had to be done.", A sinister smirk made it's way back into her face.

"We thought that his body should go the science and with his help, we're one step closer to understanding the enemy."

Milo was horrified.

Otis's demise was spoken like a fairy tale into the air, making a dreaded thought become a painful reality.

His eyes watered.

"Well don't I know too much? Why not kill me?".

Milo wasn't sure why he'd asked this.

He had no intention to die.

Dr Medan tilted her head.

"If another child goes missing, it'll start to look suspicious"

He inhaled sharply.

'How many other kids got too close', he wondered.

"So", she continued, clasping her hands together, " we must come to an agreement"

Milo raised an eyebrow, silently asking her to proceed.

"You must not say a word about what you saw or else your friends will suffer.", she leaned down to his ear and whispered, " especially that pretty little Bonnie"

Milo's eyes widened in horror.

His breath was caught in his throat.

'Bonnie..'

In those seconds, a moment they shared came to mind.