Truth

Papyrus

We'd gotten back home after the thing with Ju- Sans. Yes. I am positive now that that is my brother. Asgore must have done something to him, and it was up to me to get him back! Sans would never do this to me. He would never purposely harm anyone either! I couldn't do this alone though.. I don't know if Undyne or Alphys would believe me. Mrs. Toriel might.. Frisk and Grillby definitely would! I need to tell them! I started towards the door. "And where are you going?" I looked at her, feeling more confident than I'd been in a long time. "TO GRILLBY'S. SANS IS ALIVE AND HE MUST KNOW." Her eye went wide. "Wait what? Pap.. You saw the dust.. Sans is dead." Well.. I suppose it was now or never. "I BELIEVE IT WAS STAGED. I THINK.. I THINK KING ASGORE DID SOMETHING TO SANS. AND I THINK, NO, I KNOW THAT JUDGE IS SANS." I finished. "That's.. A big claim Pap. How do you even know that Judge is Sans?"
"I.. UH.. WELL.. HE COULDN'T HURT ME. AND HE USED BONE ATTACKS. ONLY SANS AND I HAVE EVER USED BONE ATTACKS!"
"..." She was thinking on it now. She knew I was right. "We should rewatch the footage.. You.. Might be on to something about Sans and Judge, but you still don't have proof about Asgore." Well it was a start.

As to Undyne's request, Alphys l, Undyne, and I rewatched the short battle. "H-here. Th-the way Judge is hesitating, s-suggests an i-internal conflict. S-same here at the end. Th-the way he grips his h-helmet. I-it was a good s-pot Pap-Papyrus. W-what made you th-think to smile d-during a situation like th-this? I'd be q-quaking in my sh-shoes.."
"A HUNCH!"
"A... Hunch?"
"YES! A THOUGHT I HAD A WHILE AGO. I'D DISMISSED IT AT FIRST, BUT NOW I'M SURE!"
"Ok, ok. So.. Metaphorically I go with this insane idea that Asgore brainwashed Sans into faking his death and starting a war.. What would we do next?"
"FIRST! WE NEED TO GATHER ALL THE PEOPLE HE CARES ABOUT. THAT WOULD BE ME, YOU, ALPHYS, FRISK, TORIEL, AND GRILLBY. THEN WE'D NEED TO GET HIM BACK!"
"How..?"
"MEMORY OF COURSE! WE NEED TO GET HIM TO REMEMBER US! FIGHT BACK FOR US! THAN WE STOP ASGORE FROM EVER DOING THIS AGAIN!"
"A-and how would w-e do that?"
"HAVEN'T GOTTEN THAT FAR YET.. BUT I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL THINK OF SOMETHING!" The girls shared a look of uncertainty. "Look.. I know it's not much.. But if Sans needs me.. I'm going to be there for him like he always has been for me. I will help him through this."
"O-ok. I'm in."
"REALLY?"
"Yeah.. Me too. Let's help the punk out, at least. Wether it was Asgore or not is beyond me, but.. Let's get the others and help Sans at least."
"THANK YOU! I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOUR HELP IN THE END!"

Sans

Finally. I'd managed to loosen Gaster's hold on me, if only a little. Judge would have killed Papyrus if I hadn't been fighting this whole time. It was time to be honest with myself. I couldn't fight this alone. So ever since I realized that I was being followed, I didn't care who was following me, I've been fighting. Trying to throw around hints, literally. Asgore's earliest command had been. 'Don't use familiar attacks around the others' And that's exactly what I've been doing, hoping the people following would get the hint. And it just so happened that those people were Pap and Undyne. They weren't dumb.

Judge sat in his room for a good chunk of time. I took it to see how much control I had. It seemed I could only stop Judge from doing things. It worked well enough. At least now I could salvage the situation and keep war from happening.

Eventually he had to feed the kid again. He entered their room and they looked at him with a mix of hope and determination. "eat." They knew better now than to disobey. Not that I'd let him hurt them anymore. "Thank you." They said after they finished eating. Judge grunted. Then they hugged him. "Sans.. Please remember me?" It was another attempt, huh? Anger flashed across Judge's face. He lifted his hand to hit them and they flinched back. But I wouldn't let it come down. He wasn't hurting the kid again. "back down buddy." Judge froze in place and gripped his skull. "Sans..?" Frisk looked confused and hopeful. He grunted and backed out of their room, locking it behind him and disappearing back into his room. The only other times he came out was for food and to give his daily report.

"How was the human?"
"well enough, your majesty."
"How was your patrol?"
"..."
"Judge."
"i was followed. they don't suspect anything.."
"..." Asgore went silent. "Your dismissed."
"yes, your majesty."
"You best be right."
"..." Judge left as I kept him silent.