𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

"I'm said to be the twentieth century's very own Sherlock, I'll be more than capable."

*•*

*•*

Isolation is a feeling that puts a separation between life and yourself.

Escaping from the outside world that seems to have only brought sorrow. It's comforting, a way to truly be alone and have your troubles vanish. But then that feeling is gone, to be only replaced with a torment of memories for you to dwell on in your own misery. It consumes you no matter how many times you try and push it away with anger, it creeps back in.

Ada Shelby relived the day she birthed her son over and over again. She often thought what could she have done differently that could've saved her husband from being taken away from her. But each time she came up empty because there was nothing she could've done that would've stopped the police from taking Freddie away. It was out of her control.

The only one she truly believed deep down who caused her to feel this much pain was the nefarious gangster of them all-

Polly had tried to see Ada on multiple visits bringing baskets full of essentials that the new mother needed. But Ada ignored it all.

The Gray woman never received any reply from her niece. It was silent from the other side of the door, no sound to be heard. To say the least, Polly was utterly worried for Ada and the baby's health. So, the matriarch of the Shelby family went to the only person who she thought might have a greater chance getting through to her.

Leticia walked on the damp pavement in steady strides carrying one of her own wooden baskets between her gloved hands. The Morelli woman had immediately dropped whatever she was doing and gathered up necessities that the young mother would need for the time being until she got back onto her feet.

She couldn't imagine how Ada must feel, but she could try and guess. She too would feel anger and sadness if her husband was taken away from what is supposed to be the most cherishing moment of their lives. What Leticia knew for sure was that no matter how stubbornly independent you are, it doesn't change the fact you never honestly wish to be alone.

Climbing the stairs to Ada's flat, Leticia stopped in front of her door not missing the sight of a new basket of food sat next to an old one. Frowning at the sight, the brunette brought her eyes to the door before knocking lightly, "Ada, dear. I come baring gifts for the little one."

Silence was met within the already noiseless building.

"Ada, open the door, please. I'd bet on all odds that you haven't had real food in days. How do you plan to take care of a baby if you yourself aren't maintaining your health?"