two

"who is she, jinyoung?" the young model asked in his hush tone as he sits still on his chair, letting the make-up artist do their job.

jinyoung, mark's manager, follows the older's gaze and realized he was pertaining to wendy, the newest intern for the brand who sponsored mark's outfits for the photo shoot.

"ah, ms. jessica mentioned that she is their newest intern. a bit bubbly for this industry, so full of dreams. i hope she can survive this." jinyoung said blatantly.

mark wanted to scold him for being rather harsh but he stopped himself because he knew it was true. the industry wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, it was brutal and scary. which is why he worries for her, she might even lose the bubbly persona she brought today for the shoot.

"hold on, tiger. i understand that look." jinyoung said that brought him back to reality, "don't you dare do anything to her. for god's sake, control yourself from causing a mess." he said.

"i wasn't thinking about doing anything!" mark fought back, "i was just... worried about her." he added the last part when the make-up artist left them for a minute because a crew called her.

"you? worried about a complete stranger? yup, you've really lost it." the younger exclaimed dramatically, causing mark to roll his eyes at him before going back to the woman who had a big smile on her lips while she assists her boss.

"is it weird that i feel like i know her?" mark asked out of a sudden.

"yes." jinyoung immediately answered.

at the other side of the room, wendy smiles as she tried to hide the pain and confusion she's feeling right now. confusion in a sense of what on earth is her boss saying, it was like she was speaking in a whole new language and she was completely struggling to keep up.

and pain... in the sense of seeing him here again after so many years. he seems fine, he was talking to his manager about something. wendy wished she knew what they were talking about, praying that they were at least talking about her but who was she kidding?

he doesn't remember her, nor the promises they made in the past. all of them are merely just a memory to wendy and nothing to mark.