chapter three

𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹 𝑹𝑶𝑫𝑬𝑶 -
𝒟𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓃ℯ ℛℴ𝒷ℯ𝓇𝓉𝓈ℴ𝓃
𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾: 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖼𝗈𝗐𝖻𝗈𝗒

𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹 𝑹𝑶𝑫𝑬𝑶 - 𝒟𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓃ℯ ℛℴ𝒷ℯ𝓇𝓉𝓈ℴ𝓃𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾: 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝖼𝗈𝗐𝖻𝗈𝗒

𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐚𝐤𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤:

   AFTER HAVING TO BE BACK IN WYOMING FOR A FEW DAYS, I finally arrived back to California, for the second time this month, but this time, I was finally here for the Goodwill Games. The only reason I had to go back Wyoming was to collect all my belongings and appropriate clothes for California's summer, a bathing suit obviously, and of course, my several belt buckles I couldn't live without, as well my hockey stuff, which would've been helpful. My brother and sister stayed home, but Haven followed me here to be a support—he was my biggest supporter come rodeo time, and he would be my biggest here during the games. He wasn't going to leave me. Sawyer even wanted to come as well, however, I forced him to stay to finish out the rodeo and make it to the finals like I knew he would. I was bummed out that I couldn't compete anymore, but I've already earned enough belt buckles I'm starting to have no room, so, why not let the boys get a chance at the win?

As I stepped foot onto the fourth floor, where I would be staying with the rest of the team, I grew nervous. The only people I have met were Julie and Connie, and of course, Mr. Tibbles, but I've never met anyone else, and quite frankly, I was scared too. They all already knew me, and probably lots about me, but I didn't even know a single name of theirs asides the two girls from previously. I always was shy around new people, although I met someone new every single day, and had to talk to someone new as well. So, I took a deep breath, and tried to find my confidence to make conversation if I would run into anyone. However, the floor seemed practically empty.

I let out a small sigh. I stepped off of the elevator into what seemed to be a lounge. As the doors closed behind me, I removed my hands from my belongings and let them all sit on the ground behind me as I looked around. I took the ball cap off of my head and held the top of my head while I gazed around in amazement. It was unbelievable and unreal how beautiful this place was, and how fancy it seemed. UCLA had to have a ton of money, and I could only imagine how expensive it was for us to stay in their dorms. There was a private lounge on each floor, a private kitchen, like one that you'd see at home, a little game room, even a huge window that have you an outlook on the campus where there was a pond, a pool, and a little hangout spot for everyone. It was amazed.

Slowly, I put my hat back on my head, my hair still in the messy bun I had in from earlier. I also wore a pair of jeans, my usual boots, a black shirt with lyrics to a Hank Williams song, and of course, my favorite Rodeo Queen belt buckle. I surely got strange looks when I was in the airport, but I knew it would happen. This was California—it was warm, and there was a beach, and I was wearing clothes that looked like I had just gotten done with barn work, though it was my everyday outfit.