Chapter 23

Ring ring ring....

Urgh.. I sigh as I rolled over and answer my phone, to tired to even look at who it was.

"Hello" I said sleepily as I slowly open my eyes.

"Thank God you answered" Lexi says.

"Lexi...Whats up..it's 730 in the morning" I sigh, looking at the time, the brightness of my phone burning my eyes a little.

"Look i know you're not back at work till Wednesday, but Beth has ran in sick, Perrie is due in at 11 after her appointment so until then it's just me coz Amelia isnt back until tonight, and I can't get hold of anyone else, any chance you could come in for a couple of hours otherwise I will have to shut but we have a few bookings" she said panic evident in her voice.

"yeah give me an hour"

"Arizona you are a star, God I love you" she laughs.

"I love you too" with that I hung up.

"Whats all that about" I jump a little as Callies voice interrupts the silence. I turn over and smile as I look at her. I will never get over how beautiful she looks in the morning.

"Lexi needs me to go in for a an hour or so, is that okay"

"Of course, why wouldn't it be"

" I don't want to leave you" I say honestly.

"You're leaving in 2 days anyway, a few hours won't hurt" the words making my heart sink a little. I know I have to leave and that we will be living together again soon. But knowing I'm gonna be away from her and sleeping on my own and waking up without her makes me rather depressed.

"Why don't you come with me" I say after a few seconds.

"What"

"Come with me, its only a couple of hours then we can go somewhere afterwards, I mean unless you don't want to be sat around for a couple of hours being bored I understand"

"I will be with you so I don't mind. But would Lexi be okay with that" she asked looking a little worried. Lexi hasn't fully forgiven Callie for what happened. I think it's because Lexi hasn't got over how bad I was and what I did. I know Callie has seen the scars but I think she might be to scared to ask and I don't really want to talk about it anyway, not yet at least.

"She doesn't hate you" I said as I got out of bed.

"Feels it sometimes" Callie replied.

"Trust me she doesn't, she is just very protective of me, and plus she has told me she likes you" I smile as I lean in kiss her. A few seconds later she got out of bed aswell and with both quickly got dressed as it will take us 30/40 minutes to get there. I said we can have breakfast there as we didn't have time to eat. Callie wasn't to happy but I promised her a bacon sandwich and she soon cheered up.

.......

"Arizona you are a lifesaver" Lexi smiles hugging me tightly as we entered the cafe. I've only seen her a couple of times since I went to stay with Callie and I've missed her loads.

"Hey Callie" she smiles before walking behind the counter.

"Hey" Callie replies.

"How are you feeling" she asks.

"Much better thanks, Arizona as taken good care of me"

"Wouldn't expect anything else, shes got a heart of gold " Callie says as she turns on the tills.

"Coffee" I say interrupting the silence. Callie just nodded.

I walked behind the counter and make us all a coffee before I started to open up. Its only been a couple of weeks since I was last here but feels so much longer.
Lexi made Callie and me a bacon sandwich while I set up the tables. Callie went and sat at table in the corner when her sandwich was done. I ate mine in between getting things ready. It didn't take long until we started getting some customers. An hour had gone by and it feels so good to be back, I couldn't stop smiling. Until I heard Callie on the phone.

"You can't be serious...no I do understand that...but...I know but it wasn't like I planned to be in a car crash...please I need this, I have a child and bills... you're not sorry...what you have done it disgusting and I hope you can sleep at night" with that she slammed her phone on the table. She looked so angry yet on the verge of tears. I quickly stopped what I was doing and went straight over to her.

"Hey whats up" I ask as I sit down next to her.

"They let me go" she said as tears spilled from her eyes.

"What"

"My work, they fired me"

"What, why"

'They said I've been off more then I've been working there and they said they need someone more reliable. I never planned on having a baby and being off on maternity or becoming a single mum. Yeah Mark is amazing but he had work too. I never planned on being in a car crash. How is this fair. How can I afford to live with no money" she said as tears fell faster down her face.

"Can we get them done for unfair dismissal or something"

"No point, they are a million dollar company, can't afford to even try fighting it"

"Hey it's going to be okay, we will find you another job, a company who treats their staff like that is not worth working for and we will make sure people know, and we are moving in together so don't worry, I have enough money for all of us" I smile.

"I can't and won't let you fend for me and Sofia"

"I want to" I smile.

"Arizona I love you but I can't let you do that its not right" suddenly a light bulb went off in my head.

"Hang on" with that I jumped up and went to find Lexi who had just come out of the toilet

"I need to speak to you" I say as I grabbed her arm and pulled her back into the toilet.

............