Episode 14

Episode 14 – Sunset

Third Person Pov

Jihan walked out quickly from the Bakery and headed towards the park across the street. From, the ripples on her face it was clear she was somehow annoyed. Jihan then sat down on the nearby bench and started typing something on her phone.

5.59 pm

Jihan : Min jeong-ah... Can i? sta-

Jihan stopped typing when she felt someone sitting next to her. Automatically she turned her head to the person. She frowned. Jihan is about to stand up. But, Yren held her hand.

"Let go off my hand.." Jihan said. Yren let go of Jihan hand, then Jihan start to walk away again. A moment later, Yren takes a deep breath and follow her.

She silently follows Jihan step from behind, just follow where Jihan go.

On the other hand, Jihan personally, doesn't know where she's going. She is about to text Winter to pick her up but, since Yren disturbs her earlier she becomes more annoyed than before. She knew that Yren still following her from behind. She tries not to care about it but, she can't help to think of this kind of situation like a déjà vu, because when she is upset about something, Yren always does this.

'Did she still think I'm a child?' she thought. Couple of minutes later, the sun was about to set. Suddenly, Jihan stopped and faced Yren.

"Stop, following me" Jihan said, looked at her back and faced Yren, that about 4 steps away from her. Yren who does not realize Jihan stopped walking. A bit startled by the Jihan sudden voices.

Yren looked up and her breath hitched from the sight of Jihan.

The sunlight shone towards Jihan's left side, made her aesthetically beautiful with the orange background from the sunset. Honestly... it make Yren feel hazy and without her even realize that.

*Ba-Dump*

"Beautiful," Yren said with a smile.

Jihan frowned, clearly confused. "What you say?".

"I said beautiful..." Yren said again

"You beautiful, Jihan"

"Arh... a wh-what?" Jihan can feel her face getting warmed but trying to shake it.

"Ehem... if you said that because you think it will make me less mad at you... You're wrong... I'm not a kid anymore..."Jihan said a bit annoyed. She thinks Yren, just said that to soften her heart like when she was still a child.

They stared at each other for a while. Thiers shadow from the sunlight prominently getting bigger because the sun almost to set.

Yren calmly said back.

"I know... but still I want you to listen..." Yren looks at Jihan for a moment before. But, Jihan just stared back at her. That's the cue she can proceed with what she wants to explain.

"First, I'm sorry... from the beginning when I returned to Korea, I actually want to start something new. I really don't want people to know that I'm back especially you and your brother. I left without saying anything I felt really bad..." Yren said. Jihan eyes find her and Jihan said.

"Why you left?"

Yren was silent for a moment before said.

"I have my own reason... and for now, I think you won't understand" Yren move her eyes somewhere else because she doesn't want to say anything about it yet. Jihan seems, to understand and asked other questions.