5 More Minutes

[Patrick's POV]

"Look! There's my star!" I shouted and pointed at the brightest star in the sky that i can see.

"'Your' star?" Keyu asked and look at me like he's judging me.

"Uh-huh. The brightest star is mine." I said with full confidence.

"Whatever. Come here."

He pull me to sit beside him at the blanket that we placed at the backyard.

"You didn't have to pull me. I almost tripped." I complained.

"Sorry can't hear you." He starts to annoy me again.

I just roll my eyes again and took a deep breath of the refreshing wind. It's so cold that i even have to hug myself but, i felt him wrap the other blanket to me.

"Thank you." I gave him a smile while he look away, probably shy.

"Keyu." I call him.

"Hm?" He hum in response.

"If the world really is ending tomorrow what would you do?" I ask as i put my head on Keyu's shoulder and stare at the dark sky.

He first look at me with worry in his eyes but he put his arm over my shoulder and watch the stars with me.

"Hm... I will probably hug you for the last time." He answer.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Promise."

Many years have passed or even decades that even a flying car exist already. But, as years passes it get's very dangerous that the end of the world might come sooner than everyone expected. People said that it might end tomorrow or even later, we can't really know. So, now the government are planning to take us on a spaceship tomorrow but, we don't know if everyone will come in time. All we can do now is pray and protect ourselves.

"What if... We can't make it?" I ask and look at him.

"You can... I will never let something bad happen to you." He answer.

"What do you mean me?!" I immediately take my head off of his shoulder and sit up straight and face him. "WE will make it... If we can't... Then, we will face this ending together."

He just nodded and i hug him so tightly, like this will be the last time. But, no. I will never let this be the last time.

"Do you think once we get out of here safely, we can continue our lives normally?" I ask.

"Hopefully, Pai."

I really hope.

I don't wanna end this life without having a better life with you.

Me and Keyu have been dating for a few years now and we were kicked out of our households because of it. And even if they hate us so much, i still pray to God that they will be safe and safely ride the spaceship.

"I don't think i can sleep. I don't want to sleep." I said, being worried.

"Don't worry, Pai. I will be here beside you."

"I'm really thankful that i met you in this lifetime."

"Don't compliment me too much. It's weird." He said but he's obviously getting flustered.

I just smirk and put my head on his shoulder again and close my eyes to sleep.

[Time Skip]

"Patrick, wake up!" I heard Keyu.

I woke up because he's shaking me. No. It's the ground that is shaking.