Chapter 4- I Feel Like This Lesson is Running a Bit Long

My name is Kusuo Saiki, and I'm currently in my crush's house teaching him how to talk to me.

"So you just move your hands like this," I said demonstrating for him, "And don't forget to pinch your hands like a c-crab. And that's how you sign person, which can be used in many different ways."

Satou clumsily followed along with my lesson, but not exactly as I did it. I chuckled light heartedly, not as a response, but more as an indicator of him doing it wrong, but not in a bad way.

"No, not quite," I said, "You could always try again, it takes a while to master sign language."

"It's a bit difficult, would you mind showing me again?" Satou asked, 'Wouldn't mind if you actually just grabbed my hands and did it for me.' Don't suggest things like that Satou! Although, now that I think about it.

I grabbed Satou's hands in mine and position them in a pinch, avoiding eye contact so he can't see my face turning slightly pink. I moved them around where his collar bone is and moved them down.

"There," I said, "Now you k-know how to sign person." I looked up at him to see his cheeks were dusted a bit pink.

"Oh, thanks," he said, 'Are you kidding me! Oh thanks! That doesn't warrant a response like that!' Looks like I messed that up.

"Ah s-sorry," I said, "Guess that was kinda v-violating huh? I can leave if you ne-"

"I like learning like this," Satou said, "Could you try another sign maybe? Sorry it's weird huh? You don't have to." I grabbed his right hand, put it in an o shape and then the sign for k.

"That's how you s-sign okay," I said, "W-which is also my r-response." He smiled a bit, and I couldn't help but smile too.

We continued to learn like this. I would grab his hands and show him a sign. He would repeat it back. I would cheer that he learned a new sign. He'd thank me in sign language, and I'd blush. It was actually rather fun. By the end of the day we were able to maintain a conversation in sign language. It was really useful, especially if we were to have more conversations in school.

"You're getting r-really good at this Satou," I said, "You learn p-pretty fast." He smiled at me.

"Guess I just have a good teacher," he signed smiling. I blushed super hard.

"S- shut up!" I said playfully, chucking a pillow he lent me at him. Thankfully I was able to maintain a low strength that just made the pillow sort of float through the air.

"Haha, hey no fair," he said covering his face and lightly tossing the pillow back at me. Instinctively I coward back and cover my hair pins, closing my eyes.

"Hey are you alright?" he asked, taking my hands off of my pins and into his hands. He seemed worried that I was so nervous about a pillow.

"Yeah I'm f- fine," I said, letting him take my hands, blushing slightly, "Just not a big fan of things being th- thrown at me. U- usually my brother would throw things at me to knock my h- air pins off and break them. Often he would miss and hit me in the f- face, but I didn't care, as long as he didn't hit the h- hair pins."

"That's horrible!" Satou said horrified. Was it really that bad? "Older siblings shouldn't treat their younger sibling like that."

"There's not much I could do about it," I said, noticing he was still holding my hands in his, "My p- parents never really figured it out and I wouldn't be too s- seriously hurt in the end. It all sort of worked itself out."

"Is, your brother still like this?" he asked looking more serious, 'I hope not! What a horrible sibling!' I guess it might be that bad.

"Sort of?" I said unsure of myself, "he lives in E-england now. I don't have to s-see him very often, but when I d-do I have to stay a-alert. H-he doesn't l-leave me a-alone, and he h-honestly e-enjoys h-hurting me, as l-long as I p-play his s-stupid g-game." I was stuttering a lot when talking about my brother, but how could I not? He's a masochist who just used me for his own personal gain. He has the power to strengthen or take away my psychic powers. I wish he'd just take them away, but he has different plans in mind.