𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

~lowercase intended~

neon nights, not exactly tanner grayton's go-to. but, bars always had the best victims. drunk, dumb girls were always willing to go home with a man as handsome as him. 

he would take them home, only to sedate and eat them just minutes later. sometimes, he'd play with them for a little bit before sedating them, just to make the thrill of sinking his teeth into an arm or a leg taste so much better. he was being kind, generous, even, when he played with his food. it made the chase so much more. . . exhilarating. 

the tv droned on, showing some random sport that all men had their eyes on, occasionally yelling out in anger or cheering in excitement. the tv was too loud, louder than the drunk bastards screaming at it. tanner showed no interest in it.

"is there no class here?" tanner scoffed, swirling his drink.

groups of women chatted and giggled. they innocently twirled strands of their hair between their slim fingers and complimented others; just to go to the bathroom minutes later and gossip. they wore too much make-up and their perfume was so strong that tanner could smell it from a mile away. the different scents mixed, making tanner visibly gag.

he scanned the bar. his eyes settled on a woman sitting alone. she wore a short, baby pink bodycon silk dress that hugged her body, leaving nothing to the imagination. her dark brown hair was piled at the top of her hair in a pretty bun. she held her drink with slim hands.

tanner's mouth twitched, perfect. he downed the rest of his whiskey, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand before sauntering over to the woman, and placing an unlit cigarette in his mouth.

"hello, beautiful. got a lighter?" the woman turned around, looking up at tanner with lidded eyes. her dark brown eyes practically blended with her pupils, hypnotizing tanner.

the brunette nodded and gestured for tanner to sit next to her. he thanked her and sat down, leaning towards her as she took a black lighter out.

the lighter had roses wrapping around it with twisted, green vines painted onto it.

she cupped her hand around the flame, placing it on the tip of the cigarette. the woman put the lighter back into her purse, watching intently as tanner inhaled before exhaling through his nose. he held the burning eye contact.

"mars cadaver," she said, taking a sip of her colorful drink. what kind of drink was that?

"tanner grayton," tanner replied. "what drink is that?" he asked, taking another drag of his cigarette.

mars didn't reply right away, closing her eyes and inhaling the potent scent of second-hand smoke before opening her eyes again.

"it's a melon ball. though, i don't think a man of your kind would like it very much. it's very sweet." mars giggled.

tanner watched as mars twirled the drink in her hands, the greens and yellows of the drink mixing. the ice tapped against the glass, sounding incredibly melodic to tanner.

his fingers twitched by his side. this woman was peculiar. he wanted to know more. tanner wouldn't kill her, not yet.

he quickly finished his cigarette. then, ordered a drink. . . mars' drink. tanner couldn't see it, but mars smiled. she stood up, slipping a piece of paper under tanner's drink. she winked at tanner before walking out of the bar, swaying her hips.

tanner stared out the window, it had started to rain. fat raindrops slid down the window and tanner took a sip of the melon ball, immediately beginning to sputter and cough. he glared at the drink. how did mars drink this?

"though, i don't think a man of your kind would like it very much. it's very sweet."

mars was a captivating woman, and tanner wanted to know more. he glanced at her drink. tanner picked it up, staring keenly at the dark red lipstick stain on the edge of the glass. tanner placed his lips on the stain and gently glided his tongue across it, tasting her lipstick. cherry.

. . . 

how intoxicating.

A/N - considering i have no ideas for until death do us part right now, i made this

EDIT - i changed it up a bit! hope that's ok! 

if you like my work, consider voting, commenting, etc! i love it when reader's interact! :]

(677 words)

~ zero♡