"Life In Color"

I don't want a grey colored life anymore.

It was Spring; a lovely time of the year. The cherry blossoms grow beautifully, the warmth soothes those in need, happy times are created. For Oreki, it wasn't much of a difference. It was still a grey colored life for him. Even if, Spring was arriving, or even Summer, in fact. Oreki wasn't much of a talker; he was antisocial, to be honest. Fukube tried telling Oreki to have a rose colored life. Fukube had a rose colored life, he had a garden colored life in fact. Fukube always looked at the bright side of life, or that's what everyone thought.

Oreki tried. He really did. He didn't admit it, that he wanted to have a rose colored life. Oreki couldn't help it, he couldn't find the joy in life, like normal people did. He didn't want a grey colored life anymore. But that's all he saw. Grey.

Oreki was walking to his school; the pastel pink petals flying around, as he did. He shivered as the Spring wind hit him. Oreki waiting for his friend, Fukube to arrive. Than, a slender girl appears. Long chocolate colored hair flowing around in the wind. Her pale face smiling; looking at the cherry blossoms. She was almost dancing with the petals. The girl walked up to Oreki, and stared, with wide glowing lavender eyes.

"Don't you love this weather?" She asked Oreki. Oreki kept his same, natural expression on his face; that made him look like he didn't care. Oreki shrugging and 'hmmed' in reply. The girls smile grew wider. Jeez, Oreki thought. This girl is in a really good mood. "Spring is my favorite season. Everything looks so pretty!" The girl said with much enthusiasm. It was too much for Oreki. "You're Oreki Houtarou, right?" She asked. "Uh, yes." Oreki muttered. He wondered how this girl knew his name, do they even have any classes together? "I'm Chitanda Eru. I'm in your music class." The girl, now known as Chitanda cheered. Oreki remembered now. "What's your favorite season, Oreki-San?" Chitanda asked the boy, that still held no emotion. "I don't have one." Oreki said. Chitanda was confused at this; she thought everyone had to have one season, they at least enjoyed. In fact, she was curious. "Everyone has to like at least one season!" She said, enthusiastic than ever. "They're either too hot or cold." Oreki responded. "I'm curious!" Chitanda came closer to Oreki and stared at him, with her sparkling lavender eyes; filled with curiosity. The wind made Chitanda's hair blow. Oreki got overwhelmed by this: a girl way up close to him. Not to mention, adorable too. "Why don't you have a season you look forward to? Do you not care about them?" Chitanda asked. She rather yelled this, not unpleasantly though. Oreki looked down. He actually furrowed and made expression. Does everybody think I don't care about anything? He asked himself. "Fall." Oreki responded quick. Chitanda almost fell silent. She didn't know how to respond, she almost looked shocked too. "It's colorful, the weather is quite nice, not too hot nor cold." Oreki added. Chitanda backed up from the boy, and smiled. "I enjoy Fall too." Chitanda looked back at the cherry blossoms loosing there friends. "People say you don't care, nor feel." She started. Oreki looked down. It's true, he thought. "That's not true, is it?" Chitanda claimed. Oreki was shocked by this, he widened his dull mint colored eyes at her. "You care a lot about people. You conceal your feelings because you don't want to hurt anybody. You try to help, whenever help is needed. You look at life pleasantly; even if you don't think you do. You proved it all right now, just by admitting your favorite season." Chitanda said.

Oreki didn't know what to say, he was speechless. Does she really think of me like this? Is it true? Oreki thought. Oreki looked at the flying petals, and examined them. "Do I have a rose colored life?" Oreki asked. Chitanda smiled at him, and walked over to him more. "Oreki-San," Chitanda started. "You don't have a rose colored life. Nor do you have a dull colored life. You can look at rainbows in the sky, and think of them as paint strokes on a blue canvas. You look at rain drops as angels tears, you look at Fall leaves as your life; yourself, because you want to have a rose colored life. You don't want to admit you see those things. You say you see rain as stupid weather, and rainbows are after rain, just as a reminder. You look a Fall leaves as they're just dying. Just crumbling up into Little pieces; like nothing matters, until they're aloud to come out and say hello again." Chitanda said. "Thank you." Oreki replied. He was glad someone noticed that about him.

"Houtarou!" Fukube yelled from the distance. He was waving his hand to Chitanda and Oreki. "Chii-Chan!!" Ibara yelled, next to Fukube. They had wide smiles, coming towards Oreki and Chitanda. Chitanda smiled at Oreki, then back at Fukube and Ibara. "We're going to be late if we stand out here any longer." Chitanda stated.

The four friends walked towards there classes. And that is how, they all became best friends. But wait, that's not the whole story. This is a story, how Houtarou Oreki, began his

"Rose

colored

life."

The End.