❤️Chapter 6- Love's Three Rulers💔

"How was your mom's?" Cody asked, ripping into his lunch sack.  I shrugged, "fine."  Finley came to sit down, his lunch tray filled with puddling, chocolates, and a mountain of fries.  The lunch ladies loved him, so he pretty much got to eat anything he wanted.

     "I've made some fliers to advertise our club around school, check them out."  Finley reached into his backpack, pulling out three different colors of paper.  He handed them to both of us, chewing away on his fries.

     Neither one of them looked bad, but I liked the golden paper's options a bit more.  It had the name of our club in big bulky letters at the top, bullet points below on things we went over, where we met up, and what time everything would start.  The sides had a petal-less rose with sharp thorns drawn on it, all of its petals lay shriveled up at the bottom of the rose.

     "The gold," Cody and I said in unison. 

     Finley smirked, looking all proud, "I knew you guys would like that one the best."  Suddenly, the cafeteria grew quiet.  I looked over at the commotion to see Davina had just walked through the doors. 

     Almost immediately, Rachel Rights, bolted up from her lunch table and zipped to Davina.  At the same time, Bradley made his way over from the jocks' table with all the popular, athletic guys... well, minus Cody.  He stayed with us.

     "And there she goes," Cody sighed, "at least I got to talk to the gorgeous girl."  Finley sighed, he was down about the fact Davina was going to join another group.  He knew his social rank could never let him speak to her again or for her to speak to him.

     Our little trio wasn't at the bottom of the social ladder.  Rachel, Bradley, and I were perched at the very top.  The only difference between us was I didn't go looking for recruits, I kept my circle small. 

     "Nash, wave her over," Cody urged, his eyes trained on the conversation between Davina and the two rulers.  I shook my head, "if she wants to sit with them she will."  He groaned, "do it, please, for me."  I gave him a flat look before I glanced over at the social competition.

     I gave a casual wave, but it caught Davina's attention.  She shared a few more words with Rachel and Bradley before making her way over to our table.  Cody split into a goofy smile while Finley had yet to notice what just transpired.

     He looked up at Cody, "why are you smiling like that?  Davina is never going to talk to us again."  I gave Finley a soft shove to the shoulder, enough for him to turn his distraught look into a meaningful glare.  "Let me be sad."

     "Did Cody do something to you?"  Finley's face lit up as Davina sat down at our table with her black leather lunchbox.  "You're sitting with us?"

    She nodded and Cody grinned victoriously, "see Finley, I did something good."  Davina frowned, "Nash... waved me over." 

     "Yeah, but I told him too."  Finley narrowed his eyes at Cody, "why didn't you?"  The blonde boy scoffed, "I'm not one of the rulers, you know that."

     "Rulers?"  Davina asked, her eyes flickering between Cody and Finley. 

     Finley addressed her with a smile, "there's three 'top dogs' here.  Bradley, that dude that came up to you.  He's the quarterback for varsity and football captain, above average looks, but his pros stop there.  He's a mega douche which is why I'm still confused as to why girls worship him and guys admire him.  Then, there's Rachel, the girl that came up to you.  She's cheerleading captain, the kind of girl any guy can appreciate look wise, but she's as fake as plastic... which is kind of an insult to plastic." 

     He cleared his throat and took a sip of his coke, "Nash here, does absolutely nothing to make him popular.  He just has the 'you don't know what I'm thinking' look and vibe about him, so it's free game for us.  Anyway, that's the rulers."

     Davina might as well be added to that list, with her looks and cool demeanor she could bring anyone to her knees.  Speaking of the angel, "what're you thinking about?"  I smirked at her, "wouldn't you like to know."

     She analyzed the flier choices before she picked up the gold, "you three picked this one?"  Cody grinned, "yep, Finley knew exactly what to put."  She turned to Finley with a impressed look, "make the petals black and students will eat this up."  He nodded eagerly, taking in every word she expelled. 

     I scanned her attire, black again.  Black lunchbox, black motorcycle, black clothes, black hair, black everything.  It's almost as if she purposely constructed her entire persona to match the color black which led me to a theory.  Those faded green eyes didn't go with her night black hair.

     "Your hair isn't naturally black, is it?"  Her flawless face turned to me, surprise melting itself into her smooth skin.  "No, it isn't.  How did you know that?" 

     "Davina, want to explore another table?"  Bradley called, walking up to us.  Finley's grip grew tighter on his tray, not tight enough to reveal any white or make it noticeable.  I knew Bradley bothered him still, after all, he used to be a victim.

     Her attention landed on Bradley's charming smile, her hair shifting to her other shoulder flowing over it like a waterfall.  "No, I'm good here."

     Bradley skimmed the table, his gaze landing on Finley's blue eyes, "really?  With this pipsqueak as company?"  "Watch it," Cody threatened, a very tight grip on the plastic fork he was holding.

     "Yeah, actually.  He's my friend and so are those two." 

     Bradley faltered in his charm at her words before he quickly smiled, "hot head and emotionless?  Please don't kid yourself.  They never venture outside of their circle."

     "If you want to keep your tongue, Bradley, I suggest you venture back to your circle."  Came my very monotone voice yet stone cold expression. 

     He took the hint and with a clenched jaw, left.  Smart.  Cody smirked, "you're my hero."  I chuckled, "God, I hate that guy."  Finley nodded in agreement, "um, Davina, you can sit at another table if you want.  I'm sure everyone would let you sit with them."

     Davina looked at the two excess chairs we had at our table, "has it always just been you three?"  Cody stuffed a slice of ham into his mouth, "yeah, Finley joined the team our freshman year and Nash and I met each other eight grade summer at some dump of a camp parents send their kids to have freedom."

     A wicked smirk crossed her shaped lips, "I think you're due for a fourth."  Finley's eyes widened, "the four musketeers!  They fought back against evil and we're fighting back against love.  It's destiny."  This kid.

     "We've never had a girl in our group before, so you'll just have to deal with immaturity.  It's kinda my specialty.  You want to join the group chat?  We usually only talk on it to meet up," Cody seemed all to eager at this new addition, not that I minded. 

     Davina grabbed her phone and Cody plugged her number in the group chat.  After she finished getting everyone's contacts and names to pair with numbers, we finished up our lunch and got to work on a new group chat name.

A/N-

There are three rulers, but only one can be king 👑