C h a p t e r 2 8

The second phase examiners are Gourmet Hunters named Menchi and Buhara. The task for the phase is to cook a dish using pork, the dish must satisfy both examiners to pass. Currently everyone is looking for the only source of pork in the Visca Forest. 

"So where could the pigs be" Leorio asked, Gon had been walking in front of them for a bit until he began to slide down a step grassy hill as they followed he suddenly stopped spotting a big hord of gigantic pigs in front of them. The suddenly noise caused them go out of control chasing after them, the gigantic pigs scattered running all over the forest, one was right behind Y/n running after her.

The running was tiring the girl out so she decided she no longer wanted to run away from the pig but intead she wanted to ride it so she used a tree to backflip right onto it's back, the pig was thrashing around rapidly making her move along with its movements. Once she finally had enough to silence the pig she used her nen, sharp blade like spikes began to grow from of her knuckles. She quickly pushed the formed spikes into the front of its head causing it to come to an abrupt stop.

To her dismay she wasn't very aware of her surroundings letting the people watching her see the sharp spikes growing from her knuckles but still, they all began to take out the pigs by knocking them out by their heads. Now it was time for the next step, cooking the pig.

Y/n quickly got to work, she decided to make pork kabobs using the fruits to make the sauce and the vegetables to add onto the kabobs. As she was cooking she couldn't focus due to the eyes staring at her. She knew what she did was unbelievablely reckless but she did it anyways, she thought it was better than using Yin and Yang's abilities for her own selfish reasons as she didn't want their existence to be revealed.

Although she made a wonderful dish she still failed along with the rest. Once Menchi announced that they had all failed without a single person passed, a airship was suddenly visible from above then came down something or more like someone that created a large crater in the ground. It was none other than the Chairman of the Hunters Assosiation, Isaac Netero.

"Why have I heard that you failed all of the participants?" He said not looking mad at all "I'm very sorry Chairman Netero, they were insulting Gourmet Hunters and I toke my anger out on them please forgive me" Menchi said bowing down "Well I can't hire another examiner right away so I'll give you another chance ask long as you participate this time" He said "Yes!" She said nodding smiling happily.

They then all boarded the Chairman's airship to Split Moutain. As Menchi demonstrated she jumped doen the cliff were the Spider Eagle eggs were clustered together with spider webs she then got back up by the air from the canyon pushing her back up and just like that people began to jump off the cliff since their new task was to retrieve one Spider Eagle egg. Some timed it right and made it back but others plummeted to their deaths.

Now on the airship again Netero told them that they could go as they pleased until they arrived at the next phase of the exam. Y/n began to get drowsy as she walked the halls of the ship she stopped admiring the view of the night, she sat on top of the wide ledge of the window leaning her head against the glass she closed her eyes but she stayed alert as she felt two people coming near her. She stayed as she was facing the window.

"I think she's asleep" Gon said finishing the last of his chicken leg "Hey why don't we take the chance to scare her" Killua said whispering and nudging his shoulder, them both nodded coming closer to her, about to scare her but a milisecond before she turned her head around with her eyes glowing pure white and a creepy smile plastered on her face. They both jumped back terrified of the girl's face "I got you good didn't I?" She said smiling successfully "What the hell? Since when did you learn how to do that?" Killua asked surprised "Well since you know Yin and Yang I guess I'd be fine to tell you" She said. She explained to Gon and Killua about the abilities that they had and that those became her's. She told them how they were training her to use them properly, she even told them about the uncontrollable state.

"If it's called uncontrollable then how come you can do it?" Gon asked confused "It's called that because like I told you earlier I'm not the first person they've had as a vessel and they said that none of them were able to control it and they ended up dying because of it" She said now realizing what she said "What!? So if you use it then you might die!?" Killua shouted "Yeah but they said if I can control in properly I won't die!" She shot back "That doesn't excuse the fact that you might die if you lose control!" He argued "I'll be careful I promise. So please trust me!" She said almost sounding as if she's begging, he sighs deeply patting her head "Even though I might not know what will happen I'm going to take you up on that so dont die" He said bonking her on the head. 

"Oh right I almost forgot to tell you that each ability has something called a cost" She said "What's that?" Gon asked "What it means is if I use one or more of the abilities then in going to have to pay some sort of consequence" She explained "And that is?" Killua asked already guessing what she will say "I pay it with my body. One would be having headaches, tiredness, soreness, something like that" She said "That's not any better than the uncontrollable state!" Killua yelled again "But there's a way to minimize the damage. It has to do with a lot of stamina, if I have enough it will help me alot" she explained trying to calm down her angry brother.

For the rest of the time Y/n explained what she knew and so did Killua. He revealed to her that even her siblings know about Yin and Yang's existence.

'What....!?' She screamed to herself.