하나. chanel (5)

Ahyeong scrambled back, head still spinning from the fall.

She had done something. She did not know what, but Suho's scene at this moment was supposed to be with Jugyeong, not her.

Her breathing was erratic, exhales condensing against the frigid air on the roof. She regretted wearing a dress in that weather. Thinking she was gonna die anyway, she had not even bothered with a coat.

And help her, Lord, she was actually about to die just then! What kind of twisted being decided that it was a good idea to make Ahyeong almost kill herself?

She physically winced, cringing at the hypocrisy of her own thought. After all, she had come to the rooftop of her own accord with every intention to jump, the person behind the curtain was just seeing it through to the end.

Her inner ramblings screeched to a halt when Suho shifted on the hard concrete, letting out a muffled groan as he sat up with a dazed face, briefly glancing down at his elbow that had to have been bruised from the harsh drop before aiming a stern look at her figure, eyes piercing through her own like sharp daggers.

Ahyeong gulped in nervousness. This was not going to be a fun conversation.

He stood up from his spot, Ahyeong hesitatingly doing the same, her right foot throbbing in pain. She didn't bother inspecting her source of agony, too caught up in Suho's intense glare and afraid of ruining his already bad mood by looking away and further aggravating his spite in one way or another.

"What were you up to just now?"

Pulse racing, she opened her mouth to say the first flimsy excuse that came to mind, that she was just admiring the view or something when her brain decided it was a good idea to topple over.

"I was—"

But the writer was choosing all the wrong moments to be a pain in the ass.

TURN.

"Were you going to jump?"

She looked away. That was the same thing she had said to Jugyeong, now those words were being aimed back at her by a person she didn't even know. Hold up, how did this thing know that she said this to Jugyeong?

"Are you insane?" Suho said, pupils dilated in an emotion Ahyeong recognised, because she looked like that too when she had confronted her mother.

Confronted her mother for what? Goodness, why couldn't someone just dump her entire fictional backstory onto her already, she was sick of finding out through contextual clues and word of mouth.

"Have you lost your mind? What could be hard enough to make you want to die?" His eyes were glazed over, his stuttering breath visible in the cold air. Sure, he was seeing her, but Ahyeong felt like he was looking at someone else.

"How could you give up on your life like this!?"

Ahyeong flinched at his furious voice reverberating in the empty space (she knew it was her genuine reaction). Suho's tone was becoming increasingly desperate in a way, and she didn't know what was bringing that on.

"You should try to overcome the difficulties instead," his voice trembled, "Have you even considered how devastated your loved ones would be?"

His throat choked up, eyes almost desperate in a way, fisted hands trembling by his sides.

"Someone might forever live in guilt for not being able to save you."

At this moment, with a light melody that still rung out through the abandoned headphones, Ahyeong finally understood what was happening.

He was projecting, spilling his thoughts about Seyeon's death right onto her. What he wished he could've said to his best friend before he had taken his own life.