roommate

fluff :)

tw: just a few swears
———

"is that everything? do you need anything else? wait did you remember-"
"mom i'm fine, everything is good"
"i'm just making sure" momma d states.
"she is fine dana" momma c comforts her wife.
"i know i know, i just didn't think i would be letting go of my baby this soon! she's in college now carol! college!" momma d cries as tears start forming in her eyes.

"mom don't cry! please!" nini laughs lightly at her moms reaction.
"but honey-" she starts.
"i'm sorry honey but we have to go" dana interrupts as she looks down at her phone.

Momma C pulls nini into a tight hug, whispering words of comfort while trying to hold back her tears.

Once she lets go Momma D hugs her daughter.
"call us everyday, okay?" she says once she pulls away.
"i will, i promise"
"okay, bye honey. be careful. have fun. do your school work" momma c starts again.

"i love you moms!" nini calls out as dana leads carol to the car.
"i love you!" they both call back.

nini laughs at her moms as she watches them drive away in the car. once out of view, she hurries back into her dorms.

nini had gotten accepted into NYC the summer of senior year, and majored in music. hoping one day she could make it as a singer/songwriter.

one of her best friends gina had joined her at nyc, majoring in dance. while their other friends went into other schools.

the two had found out that they didn't end up being roommates but were just in the same hallway, and only had to share with one other person. not to bad.

nini had rushed into ginas dorm, "is your roommate here?"
"no, yours?" nini shakes her head.
after bidding gina goodbye, letting her finish unpacking, she walks the short hallway to her own room.

"i hope they aren't some sort of serial killer" she mumbles to herself as she opens her dorm room door.

not expecting to be met with a curly headed boy, a shirtless curly headed boy. standing in the middle of the room.

she stands in the open doorway, eyeing the boy in front of her. he looks her up and down and smiles, "for your information, i'm not any serial killer" he replies to her comment.

nini, unable to say anything from the view in front of her nods pathetically in response.

the boy notices her flustered state and decides to save her anymore embarrassment by sliding on a shirt, much to her disappointment.

"you must be my roommate , im guessing?" he asks as he takes a couple more steps closer.
"i- uh yes, i am" she finally snaps out of it and looks up at him.
"cool, i'm ricky, ricky bowen"
"nina- nini" she says quickly still trying to take in his features.

"well, it's nice to meet you nini" ricky sends her a goofy, crooked smile, that nini can't help but swoon over.

"it's nice to meet you too ricky" nini finally gets back to her normal self and starts responding like a normal human.

"ah so she does talk?" ricky teases.
"oh hush, i was just caught off guard by your hot-" she cuts herself off when ricky sends her a smirk.
"by my what?" he teases some more.

nini blushes and crosses her arms. "nothing"
"tell me if i'm wrong, but i think you were gonna say hotness?" he grins.
"oh shut up" she slaps his arm lightly in embarrassment as she walks past him, hearing his light chuckle making her smile.