who wouldnt like him?

i watched the game on the court.
i didnt understand volleyball much, all i did happen to know was due to the fact i watched every practice, and every game.

i wasn't into the sport at all, but i was into the captain of our schools team.
ushjima wakatoshi.
the finest boy i've ever seen in my life, and it was just my luck that he went to my school.

maybe i was a stalker, i couldn't take my eyes off him. but if watching a hot shirtless boy sweat was stalking then i guess i'm guilty.

today they had a very challenging match against a college team, but they ended up winning.
not a surprise to me though, ushjima was on our team after all.
////////////////////////

i had stayed behind a while after the game to watch ushjima wipe the sweat from his forehead using the bottom of his shirt, and to see his rare smile when he spoke to his teammates after a victory.

now it was getting a little late, it was 10:30 and i told my mom i would be home by 12:00.
i only added so much extra time because sometimes ushjima would sit in his car in the parking lot.

i don't know exactly what he did, but watching him just sit there was fine by me.
most of the time he just closed his eyes and layed back for a good thirty minutes.

i always had to leave before he drove off though.
i did my best to park my car across the lot in front to the side every game so he never noticed me.
but i wish i had the bravery to park right next to him.

as i approached my car i heard familiar voices from behind me, i shuddered as i turned around to see ushjima and satori across the way, coming this direction from the school.

they were walking through the lot to his car. i was a little late getting to mine today.
as they got closer coming between cars, i hurriedly tried to unlock my door with my keys.

what the hell-
i pushed the unlock button repeatedly but nothing was happening.
is this shit dead?
i'm going to-

i turned around to see satori and ushjima parting ways and saying goodbye as satori went left to find his car down the row.

ushjima was still walking my way, if he stayed on the path he was on, he would have to walk between me and another car.
...
shit.

i was trying my best to open the door but i couldn't.
i started to panic a little so i tugged at the door and to my horror it was still locked.

when i glanced back ushjima was looking at me, noticing the brief commotion and i darted my gaze away immediately.

this was the worst scenario i could think of.
plus my guess was right, in about 5 seconds ushjima would be walking behind me... he might even talk to me to say excuse me-

i looked down at the ground, my hand on the car handle, and my heart beating out my chest.
it's happening... it's happening.
it might be dramatic to say i felt the heat of his body approaching- sliding behind mine as he came between me and the car behind me.

"excuse me". he lowly stated.
-
he did it.
he spoke to me.
"no problem"- i said rushed and a little loudly.

he turned his head back to glance at me and then kept walking.
ugh why did i say it so excitedly.

he walked across the street to his parked car right across from me.
he glanced at me again and i looked at the door handle pretending i knew what was going on with my own car.

i would smile- but i can't help but think that might make me look creepier.
he probably thinks i'm breaking into this car.
my eyes kept disobeying my orders and looking at him through his windshield.