2.

fAlexia's POV

I awoke to Niall opening the door, holding a bag. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. He looked at me, set the bag down and signed," Good morning." I smiled at him.

"You want breakfast?" He signed. My stomach churned at the thought of food and I shook my head wildly. His eyes widened in suprise and he nodded, signing furiously," Okay, that's okay."

I slipped off the bed and padded across the floor to where he had put the bag," What's in it?" I asked. He smiled and mimicked locking his lips. I stuck my tongue at him playfully and followed him downstairs.

The boys were all gathered around the counter, talking about some tour. I had put two and two together, finally coming to the conclusion that they were One Direction.

I awkwardly sat next to Niall as they continued their discussion.

 It made me feel better that Niall was signing. I felt like I could trust him more. I ate breakfast and escaped upstairs.

I wasn't planning on changing almost anything about the room. Zayn had amazing taste in music and we shared some musical interests.

I pulled out my laptop and logged on to Wattpad. I was obsessed with it and I had read almost every Doctor Who fanfiction on there (I ship Amy and Rory so hard, it hurts).

Suddenly, I heard a door close downstairs and the boys conversation quieted. I rushed out to a small balcony type area, right above the kitchen. I peered over the railing and saw Simon, the boys' manager/boss. Niall had told me about him last night.

Figuring it was none of my business, I walked back into my room.

I scrolled through an older fanfiction that I had already read about a thousand times. I was quite wrapped up in it, crying even, when there was a knock on the bedroom door. I looked up to find all five boys standing there.

All immediatley looked worried. Niall signed, asking me what was wrong and I signed back that I was reading a book. The boys chuckled lightly. Louis stepped forward," Well, we have a present for you. Simon went to pick it up for us."

For the first time, I noticed that Liam was holding a large (and I mean large) white box. He handed it to me excitedly and I gave the boys an odd look.

I lifted the lid of the box and was astonished by what was inside.

An entire DJ table, complete with turntables for if I wanted to use CD's and even a cassette player. It looked extremely expensive and it even connected to my computer. There were also large headphones, proper DJ-ing headphones.

I looked up at the boys,"Wow..." I breathed softly.

All five boys perked up," What?" Niall asked.

I smiled, a genuine smile and spoke louder," I said wow! This is amazing and I can't believe that you guys trust me with something like this!"

Liam shook his hands," That's beside the point: you're talking!"

I giggled and rushed over to the desk across the room. I layed my laptop down and plugged in the DJ table. I opened my mixing software and clicked on my favorite remix, The Nights by Avicii

I put my remixes and mashups on You Tube, under the DJ name of AROSS. I had almost a thousand subscribers and everyone seemed to enjoy my music.

I played the remix and fiddled with some of the knobs until it came blaring from the speakers:

He said, one day you'll leave this world behind

so live a life you will remember

my father told me when I was just a child

these are the nights that never die

my father told me.

I sang along as I messed with some knobs on the table. The boys were still in shock that I was talking but it wasn't bothering me. Sure, I hadn't spoken in years, but for some reason I wasn't so surprised that I trusted these boys enough to speak.

The song ended and I turned around to find the boys gaping and I laughed softly.

I suddenly sniffed the air," Is something...burning?" I asked.

Harry's mouth widened in horror as he dashed downstairs, exclaiming," The potatoes!"

All laughing, we followed him. Louis slapped his friend on the back," Mate, I think we better order a pizza." He said, chuckling. Harry nodded, staring down at his charred potatoes in dismay," I think you're right, Lou."

Suddenly, I felt someone poke me and I shivered, turning to find Niall giggling like a kid," Are you ticklish?"

I smirked," Are you?" I reached out and he scooted away," Oh no you don't!" He exclaimed.

He picked me up and tossed me on the couch. He then proceeded to tickle me until I was breathless. He was stradling me and when I opened my eyes (which were closed on instinct) and suddenly, all my childhood memories came flooding back.

My dad raping me daily, my mom laying on the floor, passed out.

I still am not sure what happened, all I know for sure is that I screamed and closed my eyes. When I opened them, I had been reverted to my silent, shy self.

Louis looked up and crept towards me slowly," Alexia, are you okay?"

I shook my head, reverted to my original self.

Niall ran his hands through his hair," Alexia, baby, I'm sorry. I don't know what happened, I was just playing around."

Liam came up behind him," It's okay, mate."

Their faces fell as all the walls that I had taken down since I was adopted build back up again. I looked down, blinking away the tears, then looked back up.

My tears were dry and there were no traces of emotion on my face.

The number one rule of adoption?

Always pretend you're okay.

Whether it's true or not.

Hope you guys are liking...