An introduction

Astrology is a pseudoscience that claims to divine information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects. Astrology has been dated to at least the 2nd millennium BCE, and has its roots in calendrical systems used to predict seasonal shifts and to interpret celestial cycles as signs of divine communications. Many cultures have attached importance to astronomical events, and some—such as the Hindus, Chinese, and the Maya—developed elaborate systems for predicting terrestrial events from celestial observations. Western astrology, one of the oldest astrological systems still in use, can trace its roots to 19th–17th century BCE Mesopotamia, from where it spread to Ancient Greece, Rome, the Arab world and eventually Central and Western Europe. Contemporary Western astrology is often associated with systems of horoscopes that purport to explain aspects of a person's personality and predict significant events in their lives based on the positions of celestial objects; the majority of professional astrologers rely on such systems.

Throughout most of its history, astrology was considered a scholarly tradition and was common in academic circles, often in close relation with astronomy, alchemy, meteorology, and medicine. It was present in political circles and is mentioned in various works of literature, from Dante Alighieri and Geoffrey Chaucer to William Shakespeare, Lope de Vega, and Calderón de la Barca. Following the end of the 19th century and the wide-scale adoption of the scientific method, researchers have successfully challenged astrology on both theoretical and experimental grounds, and have shown it to have no scientific validity or explanatory power. Astrology thus lost its academic and theoretical standing, and common belief in it has largely declined, until a resurgence starting in the 1960s.

Astrologists believe your zodiac sign reveals a lot about your personality and temperament, as well as how you express yourself. Even though astrology (the study of life and humans through celestial objects) can trace its roots back over a few millennia, astrology symbols aren't considered a scientific field today. Still, you can't escape the presence of astrology signs in our culture. From the monthly horoscope readings in your favorite magazine, to references on television and in music, zodiac symbols are everywhere.

 From the monthly horoscope readings in your favorite magazine, to references on television and in music, zodiac symbols are everywhere

The Earth and Sun surrounded by the zodiac and constellations.

What Are the Four Elements of the Zodiac?

The four elements of the zodiac refer to air, earth, fire and water. These elements were initially recognized by Ancient Greek philosopher Empedocles during the fifth century BC. Empedocles said the universe was made up of two opposite forces known as "love" and "strife" that influenced and exerted power over the four elements. These elements, in varying combinations, served to explain the essence of nature and things in our world.

What Are the 12 Zodiac Signs?

The 12 zodiac signs in order are: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces. Each zodiac sign has a symbol dating back to Greek manuscripts from the Middle Ages. Let's take a closer look at zodiac symbols, the zodiac constellations, and their attributes.

The dates for your sun signs are:

♈ Aries (Ram): March 21–April 19

♉ Taurus (Bull): April 20–May 20

♊ Gemini (Twins): May 21–June 21

♋ Cancer (Crab): June 22–July 22

♌ Leo (Lion): July 23–August 22

♍ Virgo (Virgin): August 23–September 22

♎ Libra (Balance): September 23–October 23

♏ Scorpius (Scorpion): October 24–November 21

♐ Sagittarius (Archer): November 22–December 21

♑ Capricornus (Goat): December 22–January 19

♒ Aquarius (Water Bearer): January 20–February 18

♓ Pisces (Fish): February 19–March 20

If you want to know your other signs, such as your moon or rising (ascendant), I suggest using the cafe astrology website.

Right, that's all for now :)