A New Beginning

A/N: Haemir is pronounced "Har-mir"

The first thing Haemir noticed was the smoothing sounds of waterfalls in the distance, the soft churning of water colliding with one another as the birds play songs of their own delight within the winds that brush against the trees. It was the sound of absolute peace and tranquillity. The next was the smell of the flowers, moss and air so pure he began to feel light headed as all the aromas intertwined with one another. The opening of his eyes further solidified his first thoughts of being in heaven. For such a paradise cannot be of the this earth. 

Before him, in a vast delicate valley laid a city of beauty. Waterfalls fell before its perimeter walls, long arching bridges carved from stone stood over every river outlet and carven connecting all the buildings and squares together. The walls were of white, roofs of green with nature interwoven around the city. The sun casting its morning rays upon the valley seemed to make it shine ethereally.

Getting up from the floor he laid on, he immediately noticed that something was wrong. The ground seemed to be further from him then it was before. His hands looked more delicate loosing its coarse texture and ruined stumped nails that adorned it from his near-enslavement at the Dursleys. He was definitely stronger and more rejuvenated, he could feel it. Spotting a small river to his side he walked over and crouched down to look at his appearance. 

His face was pale, losing its tanned olive shade. His hair had grown to extend to the small of his back with two strands standing either side of his fac. It was smooth and seemed to have a midnight blue tint when the sun caught it. Seems like I gotta keep it long if I want to avoid the usual mess.

His eyes seemed darker. From their bright emerald green to a deep forest green. What took him away was the fact his scar that once stood out like a goat in a horse pen was now faded to just a pink scar bolt. Just as he was about to get up he caught the look of his ears.

What in the name of Merlin?! They were pointed. Like that Manwe guys' ears had been. Oh right guess I'm a elf now.. at least I don't look like Dobby. Immortal... I have so many questions right now.

Getting up again. He looked back over to the valley city. Well I guess I have to find this Lord Elrond. Hopefully he can tell me what on earth I'm meant to be doing.

--------------------

2790 Third Age

Lord Elrond was sitting in his study, a note had just arrived from Lothlórien, his father in law was informing him on the Dwarven troop build up along their boarders along with war preparations. Word has it King Thrór was murdered by the 'Pale Orc' within Moria's caverns. It was troubling. The orcs have for the last few years have been getting bolder and stronger seemingly out of no where. Saruman's ignorance in the past few years have lead to the council working in secrete behind his back, but without him their efforts were proving fruitless.

"My Lord Elrond?" The ever calm voice of Lindr he was use to, seemed hesitant which immediately drew him from his thoughts. His ever loyal aide was working a frown on his face. 

"Lindr, what seems to be troubling you?"

"One of the patrols just returned with a young Elfling.. They had come across him on the valley road coming down from the hidden passageways. The Elfling says he was told to speak to you, though he refuses to answer any question on the subject."

An Elfling? There hasn't been one since my morning star. How have we not been aware of his birth, such a blessing would have been noticed.

"Bring him to me, I am most curious to find out how we have not heard of another Elfling being born after these past centuries."